Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drop to ordinary level Lc Irish?

• 01-02-2016 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I'm currently in fifth year doing 8 HL subjects for leaving cert but it's too much to keep up so I'm seriously thinking about dropping to ordinary level Irish! Is this a good idea? I got a B2 in my Christmas exams and an A in my Junior cert but it's a subject I just don't enjoy and I feel like HL would take a lot of my time next year, is there a big difference between the amount of learning from HL to OL? I just want to pass it as I won't be counting it next year!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

I'm currently in fifth year doing 8 HL subjects for leaving cert but it's too much to keep up so I'm seriously thinking about dropping to ordinary level Irish! Is this a good idea? I got a B2 in my Christmas exams and an A in my Junior cert but it's a subject I just don't enjoy and I feel like HL would take a lot of my time next year, is there a big difference between the amount of learning from HL to OL? I just want to pass it as I won't be counting it next year!
    Well pass is ridiculously easy, and if you're not using it for points then definitely drop, no point spending time learning sraith pictuirs etc you'll easily pass ordinary level with minimum effort if you already seem to have a good level of irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ciara18

clairek6 wrote: »
    Well pass is ridiculously easy, and if you're not using it for points then definitely drop, no point spending time learning sraith pictuirs etc you'll easily pass ordinary level with minimum effort if you already seem to have a good level of irish.

Yeah you're right I'm just going to bite the bullet and drop because it already eats away my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Barry Kelliher

i did the exact same thing and i really am happy i did it. Irish is the most time consuming subject and it is also the most pointless subject. I just got an A1 in my christmas tests with absoloutely no study done what so ever

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ciara18

i did the exact same thing and i really am happy i did it. Irish is the most time consuming subject and it is also the most pointless subject. I just got an A1 in my christmas tests with absoloutely no study done what so ever

I asked to move today and I was starting to regret it a little bit but that reassured me again hahah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I did the same in 5th year and sometimes I do regret not dropping to pass in something else and sticking with HL Irish but in the end it definitely was my best decision! Be prepared though, at times it is painfully easy :P ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement