Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English Paper 1

• 31-01-2016 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hey,
    So my mocks begin tomorrow with English Paper 1, but how do I go about studying for it?
    Would anyone be willing share some tips on how to ace it in order to counteract the disaster that will undoubtedly be Paper 2?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Hey,
    So my mocks begin tomorrow with English Paper 1, but how do I go about studying for it?
    Would anyone be willing share some tips on how to ace it in order to counteract the disaster that will undoubtedly be Paper 2?

Revise the different types of languages and styles used by writers so that you can spot them in the comprehensions and refer to them easily in your answers.

It'd also be worth looking at the different types of question Bs that have came up in the past. It's important to know the necessary layout for the various questions.

Other than that, practice is key, particularly for the essay. Even practice planning various questions so you can do it quickly tomorrow in your exam.

Paper one is nice in the way that you don't really have to study for. Just try your best and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Also, after the mocks (as you won't have time to do it tonight) you should practice writing the various styles of composition questions (e.g. personal essay, speech, short story) so that you know where your strengths lie and will have a better idea of which question you should pick in the real thing.

Advertisement