Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Speight (SMart show host) dead

Options
  • 13-04-2008 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1035811.ece

Anyone remember Mark Speight from SMart, the art show on BBC? I remember it well, personally he used to really annoy me.

Anyway, after the death of his fiancee from coke and hot water, he has been found dead after going missing for a week, probably due to suicide.

Interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Interestingly boring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Interestingly boring...
    Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Interestingly boring...

That's a blokes life ya scaldy pr1ck. I hope people aren't as blasse when you kick the can.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That's a blokes life ya scaldy pr1ck. I hope people aren't as blasse when you kick the can.

Banned for personal abuse for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...I always thought he was gay...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Used to love that smart show especially the bit where they did the massive picture out of bits and bobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I think its very sad, R.I.P Mark :(

My little sis used to love that show Smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Yeah, you said it "a bloke". Some obscure, barely famous ant.

As a discussion topic...BORING.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Used to love that smart show especially the bit where they did the massive picture out of bits and bobs.

Wasn't that Neil Buchanan on Art Attack or did smArt do the same thing?

Rhyme wrote: »
    Wasn't that Neil Buchanan on Art Attack or did smArt do the same thing?
    Hmm, maybe it was art attack. Whoever did it, it was it was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Yeah Art Attack was where they done some big mental drawing or whatever you'd call it at the end. The rest of the show was a bit crap though.

Don't have a clue what SMart was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Pythia wrote: »

Prefer to mix mine with copious amounts of alcohol and ecstasy personally.

And the occasional speedball.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Very very sad story, have been following it on London local news over the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Jebus, what way to die (as in the fiancé)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Wasn't he a suspect for a while when his fiance kicked it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No! "This is an Art Attack" thing

see what I did there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Wasn't he a suspect for a while when his fiance kicked it?
    As is somewhat normal with these things. He was cleared though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Explain to me why "ya scaldy pr1ck" isn't personal abuse? And questioning a moderator's decision on-thread is not on - take it to Feedback, Helpdesk or PM.
    Think the banning is too long? charlie mchugh has been on Boards nearly two and a half years - long enough to know the rules regarding personal abuse.

I think this is more suited to Celebrity & Showbiz. He may not have been a major celebrity but he was in the public eye.

The show I remember him for was "The Toon Room" on TCC back in the mid 90s. He had this desk lamp that kept hitting him with cartoon pans and anvils.

I see on Wikipedia the body hasn't been formally identified as his yet. Both he and his fiancée - what a horrific tragedy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

He was cleared of any charges regarding the death of his finacee.

But hanged himself according to this
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/13/nspeight213.xml

Edit : The linked story has changed since ,but its the Telegraph what do you expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Interestingly boring...
    rb_ie wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Dudess wrote: »
    Explain to me why "ya scaldy pr1ck" isn't personal abuse? And questioning a moderator's decision on-thread is not on - take it to Feedback, Helpdesk or PM.
    Think the banning is too long? charlie mchugh has been on Boards nearly two and a half years - long enough to know the rules regarding personal abuse.

In fairness Dudess I think people get annoyed by comments above (Rb & Bravetarr82) and soemtimes say something they shouldn't. I mean, what is the point in posting 'Interestingly boring' ? The poster was obviously interested enough to post ffs. Just stay away from a thread if you've no interest....

Agreed 100%. But personal abuse, no matter how justified, can't be allowed go on. If it was, imagine how horrible things would get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

A sad end

Ignore those sep2004 posters. renowned trolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I remember him on TCC and Smart, he was really good.
    I didn't know about his fianceé or him missing until I hit on skynews today.
    The poor family, first the fianceé and now him, my heart goes out to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Why were my posts directing the moaners to feedback deleted?

They weren't deleted they were moved to feedback along with other posts because I was trying to keep all the off-topic stuff out of the thread. It appears it didn't work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Karoma wrote: »
    ...I always thought he was gay...

Nah you just hoped he was gay.

His g/f was a little ride tho. Always sad when an attractive person dies. :(

LOL

I've missed the random evilness of Pigman II's posts... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

.... and I've missed your flirty admiration-filled posts too Dudess. If you wish to start a campaign to get me unbanned from AH then you have my blessing.

Advertisement