Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rowdy Ronda

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

JJayoo wrote: »
    Dana used to be an amateur boxer and idolized Tyson, Rogan also loves him

To be fair its mainly dana tho, I've heard rogan denounce Tyson as a person A few different times on his podcast but praise his athleticism and mentality as a fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Rousey v Holm, Jan 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Would Ronda be as big a star if her style was more akin to that of Joanna's ie instead of submitting competitors she destroyed their faces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JJayoo wrote: »
    Would Ronda be as big a star if her style was more akin to that of Joanna's ie instead of submitting competitors she destroyed their faces?

If she had 6 first round ko's instead of submissions she still would have been hyped to the moon

They talk about her dangerous right hand as opposed to her dangerous armbars

Now if she was a decision type fighter then maybe she wouldn't have been pushed as much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

If she had 6 first round ko's instead of submissions she still would have been hyped to the moon

They talk about her dangerous right hand as opposed to her dangerous armbars

Now if she was a decision type fighter then maybe she wouldn't have been pushed as much

I meant it more in terms of would her mainstream appeal be as easy to sell if she was destroying other girls faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Fighting girls that have done a few boxcercise classes, all a bit of a joke. More cannon fodder on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,602 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tobyglen wrote: »
    Fighting girls that have done a few boxcercise classes, all a bit of a joke. More cannon fodder on the way.
    30 professional boxing wins, and multiple world titles across multiple weight classes is "a few boxercise classes" now. :confused:

Holm may not be ready but it's fairly rudiculous to belittle her boxing record.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't think we'll see Holm doing a Cat Zangano anyway and with her boxing she might be able Rousey's initial onslaught than Bethe did too.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I don't think we'll see Holm doing a Cat Zangano anyway and with her boxing she might be able Rousey's initial onslaught than Bethe did too.

Ronda's initial onslaught verses Holly will be entirely different than verses Bethe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

how do you mean?

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    how do you mean?

Ronda came out looking to strike with Bethe. To prove a point, or to simple knock her out. Ronda was better than her all around.
    Holm is a multiple time boxing champ. It's fair to say she's a better striker than Ronda, and could handle Ronda striking. So there's virtually no chance that Rousey approaches this fight in a remotely similar fashion. This will be Judo 101 all over, but like her earlier title fights.

Ah yeah, that's kinda the point I was trying to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

She was on Rogan's podcast yesterday & it was embarrassing how much Rogan climbs up her arse, talking about nearly crying whilst interviewing her post fight in Brazil & even choking up whilst talking about it.....plus telling her that her striking has improved so much that it's now at an elite level, hilarious stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Pulse8 wrote: »
    She was on Rogan's podcast yesterday & it was embarrassing how much Rogan climbs up her arse, talking about nearly crying whilst interviewing her post fight in Brazil & even choking up whilst talking about it.....plus telling her that her striking has improved so much that it's now at an elite level, hilarious stuff

+1

He couldn't be anymore up her arse if he tried, he really needs to listen to himself, I think he seriously has it bad for her :pac:

Yes she's a great fighter but the amount of **** that comes out of his mouth about her is rediculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you're told to do something by your boss, ie Dana, you do it. That's all it is

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Obviously you're not a regular listener to the podcast then, he's been publicly slating the Reebok deal & the decision to give Conor an interim belt as of late (calling it illegitimate & made up).....somehow I dont think Dana has anything to do with the Rousey BS he spouts

I think calling the belt illegitimate and made up now when another Championship fight has been arranged is hugely different than calling it that way back before the fight, especially with the context of the conversation (I think they were saying they just want to see the best fighters fight and this was a throwaway comment in that conversation). If anything it could be said that he was actually hyping the Aldo fight.

I wouldn't think the UFC would have that much problem with what he said, the Reebok thing might be a different story though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Ah i wouldnt say dana has anything to do with his comments on ronda he's stated before hes considered leaving the ufc over head trauma issues, also i dissagree with some of the hype shes been getting lately, sure shes a great fighter but the lack of quality in her division makes her seem a lot greater, hate to use a soccer metaphor but even Robbie Keane can be the mvp in the mls

Advertisement