Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good moisturiser

Options
  • 14-09-2014 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

I'm on the hunt for a good facial moisturiser at the moment. I'm 26 and right now I'm currently using two; guinots creme hydra beaut and olays total effects, I switch between the two depending on the day. Neither of them rock my world tbh, and I was just thinking today I've never actually came across a facial moisturiser where I've thought where have you been all my life! My skin is normal id say, I can get spots but only ever on my chin and I've one or two red marks from scarring. Any moisturiser I've ever used has never done anything for me really they all tend to just sit on my skin. I would like it to do two things, moisturise obviously but also be a good base for make up. A lot of moisturisers I've tried tend to ball up once foundation is applied. It's odd really because the skin everywhere else on my body is so soft and clear, it's only on my face I've problems with! So I'm open to suggestions. I was thinking of maybe trying boots protect and perfect? But at over €30 I'd want to be sure it's good. My max spend would be €40 if I knew it was going to be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

anna080 wrote: »
    A lot of moisturisers I've tried tend to ball up once foundation is applied.

I've never had that happen to me. Are you allowing time for the moisturiser to fully dry in before putting on the foundation? I've used the No7 Protect and Perfect. It's my least favourite of the moisturisers I've tried, but foundation went on fine afterwards.

The other moisturisers I've tried are Benefit, Bella Pierre and Trilogy. Again none of them had that effect on my foundation. Trilogy was the one that finally gave me the where have you been all my life feeling! Try getting samples of different moisturisers to help you find the right one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I've never had that happen to me. Are you allowing time for the moisturiser to fully dry in before putting on the foundation? I've used the No7 Protect and Perfect. It's my least favourite of the moisturisers I've tried, but foundation went on fine afterwards.

The other moisturisers I've tried are Benefit, Bella Pierre and Trilogy. Again none of them had that effect on my foundation. Trilogy was the one that finally gave me the where have you been all my life feeling! Try getting samples of different moisturisers to help you find the right one for you.

Have actually heard a lot about the trilogy one and was very close to buying it before but decided not to. Read up about it online and I think it may be what I'm after. My skin can be quite complicated so I think this might be the best one for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I've tried protect and perfect and found it very heavy, it just sat and my skin feeling greasy for ages afterwards. My skin would be combination, a bit dry up top and a bit oily on the chin with a couple of spots every so often, but nothing extreme.

I use Clinique Superdefence, its a bit pricy but its totally worth it. It's €50 but one tub lasts me a full year. I'd love to find a cheaper moisturiser, so if anyone knows of one with the same consistency let me know. I've tried a bunch tho and none felt good on my skin, any that didn't feel oily usually left me feeling dry. The only reason I tried the Clinque one in the first place was because the lady assured me their policy was to offer full refunds to anyone that wasn't 100% satisfied, so if it wasn't exactly what I was looking for I could bring it straight back. Not sure if that's a Brown Thomas policy or a general Clinique one tho and it was a few years ago so may not still be their policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lajoie

The best moisturiser I ever used was by YonKa (http://www.yonka.ie/). It wasn't too pricey, but I've only ever seen it in certain beauty salons so you'd have to find a local one that uses it.

From a regular shop, I like the Neutrogena moisturiser and it definitely goes on well for me under make up. A few of my friends and family have converted over too!

Advertisement