Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't find place for Community Involvement!!!

Options
  • 06-09-2014 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I have been looking for places to hire me for community involvement for just volunteering for one hour a week, but am not getting any replies from my emails. I am located around in South Dublin. Could someone tell me any places (charity shops, libraries etc) that would take me on. Please help me, getting worried:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

I rang a charity shop and got a placement there for one hour a week. I also got another offer by email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

VG31 wrote: »
    I rang a charity shop and got a placement there for one hour a week. I also got another offer by email.

can you give me details please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

can you give me details please

They're not near South Dublin. I suggest ringing up charity shops near you. You can get contact details here: http://www.icsa.ie/shops/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Would you try ringing places rather than email?
    Once people talk to you and get a sense of you, it might be easier to find something.

neemish wrote: »
    Would you try ringing places rather than email?
    Once people talk to you and get a sense of you, it might be easier to find something.

yeah ill give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Calling in in person would be even better.

still struggling to find a placement. Can someone recommend some place apart from a charity shop or library

How about a day centre for people with disabilities or the elderly?
    Or the Vincent de Paul Jnr Group?
    Simon?
    another homeless service
    Food Bank
    Penny Dinners

If you're in Dublin, there are no end to the possibilities!

Advertisement