Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting Pokemon TCG

Options
  • 08-05-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what is the best sealed product to buy if I were to try and collect whole sets of the pokemon TCG?

I would also like to know what set I would be best starting with. The reason why I ask this is because I delved into the world of mtg and their sets changed every 12 months making it rather expensive to collect and to keep up with

I do remember having allot of the base set as a kid but god only knows where those cards are now 😭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

The pokemon tcg also rotates sets out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

_Godot_ wrote: »
    The pokemon tcg also rotates sets out.

Ah well I believe there an "unlimited format" where I can use cards from various additions? If this is the case then it will be cheaper then mtg to build a deck

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There's an online TCG for pokémon you can play, get it here http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/

You get a few starter-ish decks (water, fire, grass, and I think there's an electric one you can get), and you can earn tokens to unlock other theme decks. As well, any boosters or starters you buy in real life come with a code to either unlock the deck in the online game, or gets you a booster pack in it.

Most recent set is Flash Fire which only came out 2 weeks ago or so, it's part of the XY collection.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Ah well I believe there an "unlimited format" where I can use cards from various additions? If this is the case then it will be cheaper then mtg to build a deck

For casual playing then yes you can choose to play unlimited but for official tournaments and things then it's current sets only.

Angron wrote: »
    There's an online TCG for pokémon you can play, get it here http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/

You get a few starter-ish decks (water, fire, grass, and I think there's an electric one you can get), and you can earn tokens to unlock other theme decks. As well, any boosters or starters you buy in real life come with a code to either unlock the deck in the online game, or gets you a booster pack in it.

Most recent set is Flash Fire which only came out 2 weeks ago or so, it's part of the XY collection.

I am aware of this unfortunately I have no access to a computer atm (on iPhone) if there was an app for the game I'd give it a go.

Got a booster for that today in the post actually… no shinies though :/

• Advertisement

For casual playing then yes you can choose to play unlimited but for official tournaments and things then it's current sets only.

Yes was just reading up on that today and am still trying to find people to play against in Cork which is proving quite difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Yes was just reading up on that today and am still trying to find people to play against in Cork which is proving quite difficult

Try the new gaming store Sandbox.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Try the new gaming store Sandbox.

I've been in there recently it's quite nice and ran by a very sound group of lads bye bye other realms lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I've been in there recently it's quite nice and ran by a very sound group of lads bye bye other realms lol

That's what I heard. I am looking forward to seeing them at BroCon next week.

GodlessM wrote: »
    That's what I heard. I am looking forward to seeing them at BroCon next week.

I hope they do well for themselves they deserve it

• Advertisement
Advertisement