Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck Eggs

Options
  • 20-03-2005 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

These taste much nicer than hen eggs but I've never seen them for sale anywhere. Anyone know where you could buy them or will I have to get my own flock of geese?

Any other duck egg anecdotes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have seen them in some of the asian shops in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

asian market near DBS COLLEGE ,has duck eggs ,about 4EURO Something ,THERE SI ANOTHER asian market behind the jevis shopping centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, I'm in Cork and Galway, though. I might try some of the Asian shops in those two cities then.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

mmm I love ducks eggs! I think I'm going to have to go search for these in town.

The best omelette I ever had was made with 2 duck eggs, a little cream and had just cheese as a topping....delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I get mine from a farm that advertises eggs for sale by the side of the road. Mine's here in Wicklow so that's not much use to you, but there must be plenty of places like that near you I would have thought?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jackie g

hi,

we sell hen and duck eggs on our organic food stall in marley park (saturday) and dun laoghaire (sunday) every weekend. the duck eggs are a bit bigger than eggs and have a much stronger tasting yolk - older country people love them because they were mostly given to kids as a treat when they were young - imagine trying that now !! my partner sells on the stall while i am home looking after the farm, jackie

Advertisement