Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would you like to move to?

Options
  • 17-05-2013 6:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

If money was no object and there was no red tape or other restrictions, where would you like to move to in the world?

Ireland isn't the worst place in the world, but even when we had the boom, I still really wanted to live abroad and visit other countries. I would say two countries, Canada and Sweden.

I liked the geography of Canada, how it was so vast and how beautiful it is. I spent some time there before and got to know Canadians, they're a nice aul bunch. British Columbia is a spectacularly beautiful place.

I'd also say Sweden because, again, physically and geographically, it's very different. It's seriously cold and frozen in the winter months but seems to burst into life in the summer. Stockholm was really amazing, so much history around, like the Vasa ship.

I know that these are really just pretty things and the reality of living in these countries might be completely different but, for a start, it's not all that bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Brighton, because it's near home (I'm a total home bird) and while the weather wouldn't be amazing, it's still a lot better than here. And it's supposed to be a really nice place to live too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'd love to holiday / spend a Winter or whatever in Spain if I had the money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭The Barefoot Pizza Thief

Sallynoggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭asdfg!

Dublin, back to Dublin. Probably southside overlooking the sea. Killiney, next door to Bono.

But I'd like a holiday home in the South of France.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Sawntry

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Yeah, agree with Canada. Or Berlin, would like to try living there. Hopefully I will later this year or early next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Florida.
    Been there nearly every year since I was about 5 and I still love everything about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Muff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Brighton, because it's near home (I'm a total home bird) and while the weather wouldn't be amazing, it's still a lot better than here. And it's supposed to be a really nice place to live too.

Good choice. Easy access to the Airports to get home to see F&F. I think I'd prefer Devon/Cornwall though because it's more nicerer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Muff

Is it wet there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

New York. or some place in the states with a great view of the trees changing colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Muff

<

I'm so there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭con___manx1

barcelona

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

New york, london, sydney or edinburgh maybe! Canada, oz/NZ or a european country maybe. Would love Italy.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Germany

Which Germany? The big one or the small one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Brazil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

South inner city Dublin.
    'Ol mother Mattjacks from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Donny G

The United States of America.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

Argentina, Buenos Aires.
    Steak as tender as a boiled turnip and all the wine you could drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Max Manus

Maybe the African continent or Oceania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Love the thought of moving to Corsica to renovate an old house.

Sweden is pretty good in days like today (27 degrees with sun and a zephyr),but that comes after looking at snow since november,and there's lots of mozzies :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Sweden for the women

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

To live and work somewhere, London.

To just chill out, Tuscany.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Russia.

I reckon I'm from there originally and my parents adopted me and never told me.

TheUsual wrote: »
    Russia.

I reckon I'm from there originally and my parents adopted me and never told me.

Ah. That would be Soviet Russia.

In Soviet Russia, parents lie to YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

America, probably near a big city like Chicago. I think I'd get bored of it after a few years but I loved it when I was there.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Dundalk

I asked around and we don't want you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

New Zealand for the weather. Scotland for all the ginger men a girl could ever want.

Advertisement