Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are the twenties the best years of your life?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

In your 30's you have the money to do the things you wanted to do in your 20's, but you just can't tackle them with the same reckless abandon of a twentysomething year old - it might be nostalgia but I loved my 20's for the pure mayhem of the ten years. Although I am enjoying the initial years of these 30's it is at very much a slower pace. What lies beyond?? Any thoughts on life in the 40's, 50's etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

It depends on the person. Some people have a lot of responsibilties in their 20's: having a child early on in life, work, training or maybe an illness stopped them from enjoying themselves. Not everyone goes wild in their 20's. Plus, you have to grow old, but you don't have to grow up! My childhood years were probably my best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Does life generally get worse the older you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Tom_Cruise wrote: »

Absolutely not!
    Surely this thread is giving the opposite impression?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Tom_Cruise wrote: »

Not necessarily. I'm finding my thirties fantastic so far. None of the responsibilities of young babies that I had in my twenties and more confident and self assured. Not thrilled at the thought of my forties but a good few years to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Every ten years you look back and get mortified by how stupid you were!

" All our yesterdays have lighted fools. " - Macbeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Life's a bitch and then you die.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Life's a bitch and then you die.

/thread

No lifes a bitch and then you marry one..

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

somecreep wrote: »
    As long as I can keep it up I'm happy

As the thread suggests, enjoy your 20's :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

My late 30s seem to be better than my 20's.
    Still single and not looking, although being single in your late 30s is no different than being single in my teens lol

The amount of people who broke up during the recession is staggering, most of them in their 30s.

Can't wait for my 40s oh I love oh to be away from the ssuperficial days of my 20s and feel my feet on the ground in my 30s

• Advertisement
Advertisement