Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B.B.S TCD

• 15-05-2016 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a 6th year student attempting to fill out my CAO and essentially figure out my life :confused:
    Looking through the Trinity prospectus, the Bachelor of Business Studies degree caught my eye. It's a new course Trinity is bringing out so there is no helpful information anywhere besides what modules it will include. I know the B.E.S.S degree is great and you have a wide variety of options but the points are getting higher are the years go by which is why I'd like to put B.B.S as a backup. But I've no information whatsoever so does anyone know anything about B.B.S?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

We had a talk about the new BBS degree and its modules, and I'm going into third year BESS. Bit odd that they didn't make it publicly available.

Anyway, the modules for first year BBS are going to be Economics for Management, Quantitative Skills for Business, Fundamentals of Management and Organisation, and Fundamentals of Social Science, Ethics and Philosophy. None of these are actually being taught atm in BESS (except Management and Organisation which we had in first year under a slightly different name, was quite boring tbh) - so it's completely new and I couldn't tell you what any of these entail. After first year then you're the same business modules as you would if you were in BESS and doing only business with no economics, sociology, politics.

I'm doing pure business and my degree will be BBS, even though I'm in BESS. I probably would've chosen the BBS degree if it was available to me in sixth year tbh cos I had a fair idea I wanted to do business - that being said, I enjoyed the broad first year and trying new things with the economics and sociology etc, I definitely don't regret picking BESS.

It depends on how set you are on business. If you know what you want to do, go with BBS. If you want to have a bit more choice and keep your options open, go with BESS - you can always choose to do BBS halfway through BESS like I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

I was at that talk too :) I think this is the general outline of the BBS degree. It's split in 4 years and if the year is split semester 1 is on left, semester 2 on the right.
    Google the modules to get a better idea and see how many credits they are. You've to do 60 credits per year.

tcd_bus.png

http://postimg.org/image/l2uras4sb/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

That is a horrendous info graphic. Well done Trinity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

That is a horrendous info graphic. Well done Trinity!

Not the most straightforward but it is a slide and was accompanied by a spiel. The red outlines 3rd year choices.

Advertisement