Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Figaro Insurance

Options
  • 23-06-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

PLEASE HELP!!

A Nissan Figaro has been the car I've wanted for years!

I've agreed a sale with someone for one but theres something getting in the way.....

INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!

No one will insure me citing reasons such as the cars too old, your too young and most of the other ones from the book!

Has anyone a Nissan Figaro that can help me out? Any information would be great! Just to find out if there is any insurance company that will actually help me out!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

How old is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 andrewosdit

its a 91...23 years old...same as myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Well, you won't get classic insurance because of you own age.
    I don't see why age of the car would be an issue if it has a current NCT, maybe its because its a grey import?

Sorry whats a grey import? its just strange like, literally not one insurance company will insure it for me but then i asked in the facebook figaro owners forum and they all said they got insurance no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Have you had previous insurance claims?

• Advertisement

Nope nada...i think maybe its a lack of driving experience but why not just say that then telling me they dont insure those cars.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Sorry whats a grey import?

A "grey" import is an import of a model from another country that isn't available through the domestic dealers official channels.

These Nissans were sold new in Japan, but not officially imported by Nissan to Ireland.

Other examples would be Nissan March (Micra) and Honda Fit (Jazz). Insurers may or may not charge extra for vehicles that aren't Irish specification (or even decline insuring them).

So in addition to that problem, you have that of your age. (under 25), and the age of the vehicle (over 10/15/20).

Try Axa or Aviva as they will do standard motor policies on older cars. The next issue after that is the telephone number length quote they'll probably give you.

There is also the 3 declines and refer option where someone declined 3 times can force a quote under the "Declined Cases Agreement" See the Irish Insurance Federation: http://www.insuranceireland.eu/consumer-information/general-non-life-insurance/motor

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Sent you a PM with contact details of someone who might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Mt wife's first car was a Nissan march, and got insured no problem, here in Cavan. She was over 25 however. PM me if you want the brokers name who organised it. Nec.

Advertisement