Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DIY car service advice sought. (Carisma)

Options
  • 13-09-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am going to service my Mitsubishi Carisma myself - oil and filter change, spark plugs and air filter.

I never done this before. Just wondering about changing the oil. Is the plug easily accessible? Do I need to jack the car up?

Advice would be appreciated, thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Start by checking the sticky at the top of the forum page, it will give you a general idea on what to do.

You always need to jack up the car to drain the oil, for every car.

About the plastic cowling underneath check this
    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=59961

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

If you intend looking after the car yourself your best course of action would be to get something like a Haynes workshop manual for your car.
    You will have all the info you need there and you can have a read through it before you plan on doing the job.
    You will then know if you have the necessary tools etc - it can be frustrating to begin a job and then halfway through discover you need a 'special' tool for some fastening that you don't have.
    You may find some info on the web ; but with the manual you have the book and some pics etc there beside you all the time .
    If there is something you don't quite understand for example you can ask here.
    I'm assuming you haven't done this kind of work before - but could be wrong :).

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Thanks for the advice. After 2 days and many visits to the motor factors I got it done. Spark plugs changed too!

Advertisement