Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gear cables

Options
  • 10-09-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi I Recently getting trouble with my toyota dyna 300 pick up, it has started to get hard to put in to gear at times as if its getting jammed some how it can last for an hour and then it will be fine for a few days , a friend said it could be frayed cable going from gear stick to gearbox,linkage on gearbox itself if fine and loose, if it is cables where would i get a set there are 3 cables,any help would be great , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭blackbox

tommer wrote: »
    Hi I Recently getting trouble with my toyota dyna 300 pick up, it has started to get hard to put in to gear at times as if its getting jammed some how it can last for an hour and then it will be fine for a few days , a friend said it could be frayed cable going from gear stick to gearbox,linkage on gearbox itself if fine and loose, if it is cables where would i get a set there are 3 cables,any help would be great , thanks

Is there any sign of fraying? If not there may be another cause of this intermittent problem. Could the cable be touching something hot? Also, check that no earth cables are damaged which might result in the current earthing through the gear cable. This can definitely happen with clutch cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tommer

There is a bit of one of the cables sort of flat that was up against the inlet manifold, earth wire seems ok

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tommer

Found the problem with the gears, the previous owner being the genius that he is had wound insulating tape in one of the linkages and had crumbled and was jamming the movement of the gears

Advertisement