Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pipe Insulation Snug Fit

• 19-10-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I want to insulate 20mm o.d. copper pipes with that split foam stuff and want a snug fit

I tired insulation marked 22mm (if marked correctly) from a couple of places (thinking a mm or two extra would be required) but they all flop around on the pipe.

Is 20mm bore insulation what I need, and where would I get it.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I want to insulate 20mm o.d. copper pipes with that split foam stuff and want a snug fit

I tired insulation marked 22mm (if marked correctly) from a couple of places (thinking a mm or two extra would be required) but they all flop around on the pipe.

Is 20mm bore insulation what I need, and where would I get it.

thanks.

Are you trying to insulate 3/4" Irish copper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Are you trying to insulate 3/4" Irish copper?

Standard irish copper pipe, regarded as 3/4" but in metric o.d measures 20mm.

conversion calculator says:- 0.75in = 19.050mm

Standard irish copper pipe, regarded as 3/4" but in metric o.d measures 20mm.

conversion calculator says:- 0.75in = 19.050mm

Just get 3/4 lagging then. If it's a tad loose it won't matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Just get 3/4 lagging then. If it's a tad loose it won't matter

Cant get 3/4" (19/20mm) only 22mm. and need snug fit for pipes in boilerhouse.

Cant get 3/4" (19/20mm) only 22mm. and need snug fit for pipes in boilerhouse.

The difference is minimal and won't matter

• Advertisement
Advertisement