Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€1,000 on bday gift...what would YOU like?

• 22-03-2012 5:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I am looking into gifts for my OH's 40th birthday and I have tonnes of "stocking fillers" but I am unsure as to what to get him as the main gift.
    We've always gone nuts with big birthday gifts (and we've had a really CRAP 12 months) so I am thinking of a designer watch to the fine tune of €1,000.

If this were you, is a watch too boring a gift? If not, would you rather pick the watch yourself?

If you knew someone was going to spend approx €1,000 on a big gift what would you like?

Holidays not included as we have a big trip planned for later in the year...

And my final question....Is this "stocking filler idea" a bit too girlie?
    I was thinking of hiring a horse and caravan in Wicklow for a few nights to get away from it all....

feedback and advice appreciated!
    Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So, loads of stocking fillers and a €1000 main pressie? I have a question for you..............

Fancy going out with me? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

In answer to your question though, if it was a watch I reckon i'd definitely like to pick it. I love to receive presents and not know what they are in advance, but for such an expensive watch it would be very important that I love it.

Is there any one thing he's really into? For example, i'm into MMA and have been to UFC events but never outside of Ireland (there's only been 2 of them here). I know if it was my gf she'd spend the money sending me to a UFC event, be it in the UK, somewhere in Europe or in the US. This is because I never get to travel to these things and she knows that, so she's able to give me something I would never be able to get or just wouldn't get for myself.

Maybe if there's one specific thing he has a massive interest in you could look into something to do with that?

(and as for stocking fillers, it's not girly at all. Who wouldn't love more presents?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

a half hour with a high class hooker and a fine cigar ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

op, this isn't what this forum is for. there's a dedicated gifts forum , you should post there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement