Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game related things in New York

Options
  • 31-08-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

I'm heading over to New York next Sunday, just wondering if anyone here has any tips for game related stuff to see/do over there. I already have videogamesnewyork, Dave&Busters and Nintendo world on the list. I'm hoping there will be something Destiny related as it will be launching as I'm over there. If anyone has any advice, please share!

(will post pics)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry I can't be much help. There's at least 3 great retro game shops there and some have fighting game tournaments in them. Couldn't tell you where they are since I was brought around by the guy that runs hardcore gaming 101.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,532 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Videogamesnewyork is good to see but don't expect to buy anything because the prices are pretty insane.

Barcade would be worth a visit if you can get out to Brooklyn and fight your way through all the hipsters :pac:

http://barcadebrooklyn.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

o1s1n wrote: »
    Videogamesnewyork is good to see but don't expect to buy anything because the prices are pretty insane.

Barcade would be worth a visit if you can get out to Brooklyn and fight your way through all the hipsters :pac:

http://barcadebrooklyn.com/

Sweet, will defo be checking that out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh definitely go to Barcade. It might be full of hipsters but the games they have are great, they sell craft beer and the jerky they sell is amazing. The Barcade in Jersey is supposedly even better and has a better selection of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

The Nintendo shop is pretty cool, enjoy it. Even if you don't buy anything, they had music from several games playing in the background. I remember the underwater DKC tune and something from Zelda when I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Great stuff thanks! I did have Barcade circled on the map, and we are heading over to Brooklyn at some point but I don't think we'l be any where near where its located :( And it'l be hard to convince herself to go visit an arcade so out of our way.

I doubt I'l be buying a whole lot, as I have pretty much everything I need games wise. But you just never know :) Might just pick up a few small bits and pieces of gaming trinkets.

I really want to play a street fighter II cabinet though, as I havnt seen one in years. Well, any cabinet really as we just don't have that stuff over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    The Nintendo shop is pretty cool, enjoy it. Even if you don't buy anything, they had music from several games playing in the background. I remember the underwater DKC tune and something from Zelda when I was there.

Yes, really looking forward to this :)

Great stuff thanks! I did have Barcade circled on the map, and we are heading over to Brooklyn at some point but I don't think we'l be any where near where its located :( And it'l be hard to convince herself to go visit an arcade so out of our way.

If it makes any difference it's not just a great arcade but a great bar as well. Great place to go for a night out.

Advertisement