Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle lights knog blinder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SteM

I was looking for lights for my bike today and I chose knog blinders in halfords , they seemed really good quality and cost 15 euro each (front and back ) I decided to check net for reviews on them and they got great review, what is noticed is they seem to retail at 30 euros each and more on other sites , plus postage on top.

They're not even on halfords web site , I'm wondering if price is a error?

So I got front and back for 30 euro.

They have a rechargeable battery that you charge through USB , and have a nice clasp that fits most bikes .

I'll put a link that I can find to get reviews on these.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/knog-blinder-4-standard-led-front-light/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=knog%20blinder&utm_campaign=RTC2013_knog&KEYWORD=knog%20blinder&MATCHTYPE=Search&AD_ID_G=45944445088&KEYWORD_K=knog%20blinder&TRACKING_ID_K=926962&CHANNEL_K=google&CAMPAIGN_K=RTC2013_knog&AdGROUP_K=MS_Knog_Blinder&gclid=Cj0KEQjw7IWgBRCjv8Cv4vfC3ckBEiQAE7nvR8eR9LlfvtM8jB3MgxkmApu4Rx6mu96SpNkZKprcY38aAoRL8P8HAQ

Went up to halfords in tallaght. They had the front ones marked down to €15 but the rear ones were still at full price. Not sure if I'd pay full price for them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Cheers OP

Go well with my lycra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Plenty of them in Carrickmines. Think they are reduced cause they are past their best before date...:eek: Says the "Recommended First Charge June 2014" on many of them. Can't see this being a major issue but probably been on the shelf for a long time and they need to get them shifted.

Wasn't able to test them so not sure how good/bad they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I tested them yesterday and their very strong lights , on flash I'd imagine anyone with epilepsy would stay clear of these .

I was wondering then if I faced them to high would it interfere with other road users because they seem that bright. Maybe it's just me being in same room ?

I didn't check packaging about best before date . I'll keep receipt anyway , I have 12 month warranty .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I was wondering then if I faced them to high would it interfere with other road users because they seem that bright.

It's fine having them up and don't interfere with other drivers, but in fact make them more aware of you.

Perhaps on darkened country lanes they may be an issue, but making yourself more stand-out on the road is a priority.

I tested them yesterday and their very strong lights , on flash I'd imagine anyone with epilepsy would stay clear of these .

I was wondering then if I faced them to high would it interfere with other road users because they seem that bright. Maybe it's just me being in same room ?

I didn't check packaging about best before date . I'll keep receipt anyway , I have 12 month warranty .

They're called 'Blinder' for a reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I got front and back in Halfords in Galway, they had a few left hanging on a hook marked at 30 something euro but were 15 euro each the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Good man op. Was looking for something for the dusk runs home. That'll do. Checked blanch and sold out. Got the last rear in Swords. Few fronts left. Or the other way around. One of them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Picked up a few of these yesterday. Plenty of these in Swords Airside. Says 42 EUR each above them but scanning at 15 EUR.

Btw, I can see why they're called "blinder". I thought it was a great idea to look straight at them while testing if they had any charge off the shelf. They do btw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

If only there was a way to stop people nicking them as soon as you leave the bike for a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Take them with you. it's a fairly effortless harnessing system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

At least make them put some effort in if they're nicking them. Glue them to your bike :D
    If only there was a way to stop people nicking them as soon as you leave the bike for a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

At least make them put some effort in if they're nicking them. Glue them to your bike :D

Strategically placed needles is another gem... but if they're going to go to that much effort to remove a light they'll probably just try to take the bike instead.

Alternatively don't ever park your bike outside. This rule has served me well. 10 years and no bike stolen yet *knocks on desk*

MugMugs wrote: »
    Take them with you. it's a fairly effortless harnessing system

Exactly, they're small, light and attach easily. I wouldn't leave mine on the bike ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 horseireland

Got a pair in Tralee today 30euro bargain thanks, loads left.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

has anyone been into the store in coolock to see if there are any?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Couldnt find any in their Naas branch either...

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭terencemc

did anyone check carrickmines today...might go tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Would the rubber mounting part degrade a lot if you were taking them on and off each day I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Thanks OP! Picked up a pair in Coolock last night. They're very impressive. There was one pair left as of 6pm last night. They're €15 marked down from €42.99 to the right of the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

terencemc wrote: »
    did anyone check carrickmines today...might go tomorrow

All out there checked two days ago - unless they restocked since

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

They're in stock in Halfords Limerick if any use to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Was in drogheda today. They had never heard of them. Hopefully airside will have some at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

All out there checked two days ago - unless they restocked since

Picked up front and back lights this evening in Carrickmines. Listed at €42 each on shelf. Red sticker on box stated recommended recharge date June 2014. So got them for €15 each. About four of each left.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cabo

Picked up a set in airside today.. About 4 sets left, listed at €42 but scanning at €15 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Was in drogheda today. They had never heard of them. Hopefully airside will have some at the weekend.

That really just sums up the general bike knowledge of the staff in Halfords in Drogheda.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

No these are lights with 4 LEDs, seem to be going for about £25 on
    amazon.

They seem to have restocked them in Tallaght, however they were scanning through the till at full price (42.99).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭Rotunda Shill

How long do the batteries last in these things?

Advertisement