Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two quick questions on Failure and Link-in

Options
  • 28-08-2014 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Hello boys and girls,

Had an igrade that I had to clear tomorrow, but due to circumstances beyond my control (but mainly due to my own lack of intellect), tomorrow isn't looking as joyful as it was before. With that in mind -Two quick questions before I enter failure in tomorrow's exam.

A) How much is linking in going to cost me? (quick glance at student handbook tells me its €586 per module, amirite?)

B) How does this affect my ability to graduate? This is my last module to finish and I was already pushed back to Jan 2015 thanks to this nonsense... If I have to link-in, while I be further pushed back to August 2015 (first semester module)?

Thanks in advance guys, and best of luck to anyone else clearing igrades/repeats

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Can only answer A with confidence. You pay the 566. You do not pay the Student Contribution, it is just the 566.

For graduation, a look at the Academic Calendar says that the dates in January are 19-21st for Conferrings, but the results of the Winter exams aren't available until the 22nd, so you might be pushed back to August. I would say contact SAA to find out for definite though, as I'm in no way certain of that.

Best of luck with the repeat. :)

Advertisement