Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Laptop Problem

Options
  • 12-08-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all. I recently switched to Sky from Eircom and have been having problems connecting my own laptop to the wireless. I have another laptop, iphone, iPad, ps3 all connected with no bothers. The laptop will connect with the Ethernet cable and works fine. It's registering the network and displaying as connected with a good signal but won't load any web pages.

The laptop works fine in a friends house who also has Sky so I don't think it's the network card. When I rang sky they sent out another hub but I am now having the same problem.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If using Windows disable the wireless card in Device Manager. Delete all wireless networks which show up under network connections. Reboot the laptop. Enable the wireless card in Device Manager and then connect to your wireless entering the password etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If I was a gambling man id bet:
    You probably have a Toshiba or HP
    Its probably 2-5yrs old
    It probably has an Atheros AR5XXX wireless adapter

If it has that adapter you need a driver update(windows wont find the right one). Check in device manager, under network adapters to see if thats the chip you're using.

Advertisement