Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting 5th Year

Options
  • 06-08-2013 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Ok, so after an enjoyable Transition Year, I'm heading into 5th year now this september and I was just hoping if people who have done their Leaving Cert could give me any advice, study/homework wise, for the coming year and also for 6th year, thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Start practicing your orals in 5th year. I thought "it'll be grand until 6th year", don't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

My God. 5th years. Why does that sound so ridiculously long ago.

Do your homework only looking at the book when you have to.
    Listen to tapes in foreign languages and talk to yourself in them until you can think to yourself in the language.
    Try for all your tests.

When it comes to 6th year you will have to learn to prioritise work. All the teachers are competing for your time and you will have to choose to alot time to each subject and deal with the consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

I suppose the best advice I could give would be not to waste 5th year (but don't stress out too much either!)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BreakingBadLad

thanks everyone for replying, appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Going into sixth year myself, only advice I could give you is to pay constant attention and develop a good work-ethic. Stay ahead of your homework and study, plus put in the effort for class tests and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

stay focused & study for tests!

but don't burn yourself out in fifth year, I was exhausted by the end of the year and didnt put half the amount of effort into my summer tests and I went down in practically every subject! Not that in house exams really matter..but just keep at a good pace! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GreatAnswers

Well the only advice i can give you is to try your best :)

Dont over work, but dont slack off either :)

At first you will find it difficult to study every night, or every second night :)
    However you will get the hang of it and it wont seem so strenuous :)

Best of luck :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Dont try learn your notes or anything cause you will aye remember anything, gather as much french and irish vocablury maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Do your homework without going straight to the book. It will take longer but its worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement