Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Car Radio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Is it a double din or single din in your car at the moment? If its double you will need to get a cover to cover over the empty space in the slot also to get the steering controls to work you would need an adapter and im sure there might still be some issue with it working i could be wrong but it might vary depending on the set up of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Presumably it will have a standard ISO rear plug so will work fine in your zafira. It won't work with your steering wheel controls though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭brian_t

Aldi have a similar radio for the same price coming on Sunday June 17th. I don't see it on their website but you can see it in their booklet inserted in the new RTE Guide.

I'm only putting the information out there - I'm not making a recommendation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭SeanW

Well, I can make a recommendation: I'm using one of those (I'm not sure its either Lidl or Aldi) car stereos, I would say IF your car can use it, then go for it! I've had mine since 2009, found the SD card reader very handy for listening to a long list of '80s tracks on a long drive.

But I think Aldi stuff is better as a rule though so I'd probably wait for their version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

virtually you may install any radio in car, all depends of how easy use. my friend installed regular radio in his opel astra, and no bother at all.
    id take one from halford, they have some discaunts at the moment.
    there is list for radios under 100 quid. - here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've had one of these Lidl/Aldi radios for years, works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just thrown out my lidl radio, stopped working after 4 years (bought the cheapest kenwood with bluetooth ) because the lidl one wasnt available - nothing wrong with, bluetooth very good, sd card and usb dead handy for long drives, (new kenwood only has usb so stuck 8gb in there)
    sound quality better on the kenwood though less distortion a higher volumes (you can make your ears bleed (probably) with the kenwood)

needed a iso adapter for my primera which didnt work with my kenwood something with the earth according to my mechanic (he fixed it in a jiffy mind)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

biko wrote: »
    I've had one of these Lidl/Aldi radios for years, works well.

+1 on that, have the other make myself not the slightest trouble, good sound, SD, USB reader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

03 zafira will have single din radio so no bothers there, you'll need a wiring adaptor I'd say, and possibly some wire going to the top dash display needs to be snipped or something so that the date and time still show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Bought the Silvercrest Lidl one few years ago - was delighted with it - especially the bluetooth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

I have a 07 focus with a broken stereo, (6000cd), how do i fit either the Lidl or Aldi one? Both are about half the size of the 6000cd.

It'll look shocking in a focus

There was a job lot of radios from focuss avensiss etc, Garda cars advertised recently, someone may be now selling them separately
    I'd try and find a second hand unit in this case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It'll look shocking in a focus

There was a job lot of radios from focuss avensiss etc, Garda cars advertised recently, someone may be now selling them separately
    I'd try and find a second hand unit in this case

I know, but i want one asap, your right though, would be a mess.

Try partfinder.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Murtinho wrote: »
    I have a 07 focus with a broken stereo, (6000cd), how do i fit either the Lidl or Aldi one? Both are about half the size of the 6000cd.

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/product.asp?s=Single%20Din%20Fascia&c=Ford%20Single%20Din%20Fascia&product_code=CT24FD01

not sure what it would look like

Advertisement