Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strange free to air digital stations and tv question!

Options
  • 09-03-2011 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a 37" LG TV, model 37LG3000. I also have 2 sets of "rabbit ears" aerials.
    There are 2 other TV's in the house, both Samsung. With both aerials, both Samsung TV's can pick up the 4 irish stations on normal tv and also the digital signals and these work perfectly.
    However, on my LG TV I can only pick up the stations on the normal tv (with usual dodgy pictures!). The LG also picks up the digital signals, the sound is perfect on the digital stations, however on the 4 stations, the screen is black. I have tried everything I can think of to figure out why it isn't showing the picture.
    The only difference I can see between the settings on the Samsung TV and the settings on the LG TV is that the usage country on the Samsung is set to Ireland, but on the LG it is set to UK (as Ireland isn't in the list of usage countries). Could this be the problem?
    Does anybody have any ideas??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

BDJW wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have a 37" LG TV, model 37LG3000. I also have 2 sets of "rabbit ears" aerials.
    There are 2 other TV's in the house, both Samsung. With both aerials, both Samsung TV's can pick up the 4 irish stations on normal tv and also the digital signals and these work perfectly.
    However, on my LG TV I can only pick up the stations on the normal tv (with usual dodgy pictures!). The LG also picks up the digital signals, the sound is perfect on the digital stations, however on the 4 stations, the screen is black. I have tried everything I can think of to figure out why it isn't showing the picture.
    The only difference I can see between the settings on the Samsung TV and the settings on the LG TV is that the usage country on the Samsung is set to Ireland, but on the LG it is set to UK (as Ireland isn't in the list of usage countries). Could this be the problem?
    Does anybody have any ideas??

Thanks!

Yopu seem to have a UK model with the uk mpeg2 tuner as opposed the the mpeg4 tuner for the Irish market :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Yopu seem to have a UK model with the uk mpeg2 tuner as opposed the the mpeg4 tuner for the Irish market :(

That was a quick reply!! I bought the tv a couple of years ago in powercity, and never realised I was getting the uk model :(
    I'm guessing there is no way around it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Not without an Mpeg4 box.

This would be the best forum for further info: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Advertisement