Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Van Insurance Advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Good to see competition, shame about the knockers, are they running scared? Web site looks good from a brief view of it.

Anyway don't they say that competition is good! I personally wish people would shop around more.

Maybe this conversation should be continued in the insurance section?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I had a similar problem to the op! I decided to buy a van just for personal use and got an '03 Berlingo! I got a quote from Quinn online for €1400 which I thought was great (I'm 19 so was expectin atleast €2000). Anyway when I rang the office to just double check everything and to pay, I was told that because of my job they would not insure me on a commercial vehicle :0 I'm a trainee aircraft mechanic! I couldn't understand it!
    Anyway ended up get insurance from FBD, €1950! I was so pissed after getting a quote of €1400!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fleetman

Good to see competition, shame about the knockers, are they running scared? Web site looks good from a brief view of it.

Anyway don't they say that competition is good! I personally wish people would shop around more.

Maybe this conversation should be continued in the insurance section?

could not agree more - 3 of the posters with comments in relation to this site are are from an established company - its simple competition is good for consumers and some people just don't like that

we won't be knocked we are here to stay and the people who use us to get quotes will be our judge - no one else

Enough said I'm off to the insurance section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Anthony_m

Lads,After looking at this thread last night i decided to see what quote this insuremyvan.ie would give me.They rang me today and gave me a quote that was almost €100 cheaper than the lowest i had previously got.Very happy with the service i recieved.AND no i dont work for them.Im just happy that the days of insurance companys ripping people off have ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 era030708

I know this thread is a bit old now but for those still inquisitive I thought I'd tell you my recent experience.

I had a policy through a broker that was being renewed for €400. I'm on full Irish licence no penalty points etc. I requested a change in occupation on my proposal documents and was suddenly told policy as being cancelled as company don't cover this occupation (market trader).

I understand high risk etc but I just thought I would have to pay a higher premium.

Anyway after some very frustrating Internet searches I came across www.insuremyvan.ie, filled out an online quote request and got a phone call back within half an hour. Lovely chap on the line, explained there is only 1 company who will insure market traders and got me a quote from them (Kennco). Delighted quote was for €426 and happy days I can start up my stall now. Only downside was I had to pay in full as because it's high risk they don't offer credit facility, so no cash left to buy stock for my stall, but at least I know I'm covered for the next 12 months anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what is not good is when people from insurance companies go online and pretend to be normal people to promote their own companies.
    Thanks for input but resurrected threads never end well so I'll just close it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement