Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MINIX NEO X8 + MINIX A1 4k TV streamer box - €96.52

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

k123456 wrote: »
    I use the M1, no keyboard with it,
    but I rarely use need a kyb,
    If you use Swiftkey as the default on screen keyboard, you will need to use a keyboard less and less

Same for me. If you have an android phone install the remote control app for the device. It works very well. I only use it when I need to type something in (password, path, URL etc.). They keyboard appears on your phone and you type away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Does this box get full speed over ethernet. what's the wifi like on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

timetogo wrote: »
    Same for me. If you have an android phone install the remote control app for the device. It works very well. I only use it when I need to type something in (password, path, URL etc.). They keyboard appears on your phone and you type away.

Which app is that? There are quite a few available it seems

BArra wrote: »
    Which app is that? There are quite a few available it seems

http://www.minix.com.hk/Apps.htm

If you have the X8 the download link is the last one on the page.
    If it's an X7 then it's the V2.0.3 link.

received the minix x8h today with m1 air mouse.

unfortunately, i think the air mouse is DOA
    when its plugged into the laptop the red LED on the top left lights up. its been charging for a number of hours.

once unplugged if i try to calibrate it or reset it -> holding left and right on the d pad, it does not light up with the blue LED as it should?

nor holding the mouse button and volume up does anything?

the on/off button at the bottom i know about, is left on and right off? either way ive tried it in both positions and nothing happens

• Advertisement

received the minix x8h today with m1 air mouse.

unfortunately, i think the air mouse is DOA
    when its plugged into the laptop the red LED on the top left lights up. its been charging for a number of hours.

once unplugged if i try to calibrate it or reset it -> holding left and right on the d pad, it does not light up with the blue LED as it should?

nor holding the mouse button and volume up does anything?

the on/off button at the bottom i know about, is left on and right off? either way ive tried it in both positions and nothing happens

Right is on. I take it you've plugged is USB receiver into the Minix. Probably a daft question.

yeah the receiver is plugged in :pac:

surely when you press a button on the remote anaway, the led should flash blue? it does nothing and its been charging for hours. the LED only stays solid red when charging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

yeah the receiver is plugged in :pac:

surely when you press a button on the remote anaway, the led should flash blue? it does nothing and its been charging for hours. the LED only stays solid red when charging

Have you tried plugging it into the mains to charge? I've often found charging items from a laptop to be flakey enough sometimes?

Will give it a shot but it's had at least six hours on usb charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

http://www.minix.com.hk/Apps.htm

If you have the X8 the download link is the last one on the page.
    If it's an X7 then it's the V2.0.3 link.

Thanks for the above link, do you by anychance have a link to an android app for the Minix 5, as I have looked and can't seem to find it?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the above link, do you by anychance have a link to an android app for the Minix 5, as I have looked and can't seem to find it?

Just below the v2.0.3 link on that page there's the text saying

*Remark (1): Version 2.0.3 is only compatible with the NEO X5 FW version 011, NEO G4 FW version 007 and all future releases. It is compatible with all NEO X5mini, NEO X7 and X7mini FWs.

Is your X5 one of those models?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Just below the v2.0.3 link on that page there's the text saying

*Remark (1): Version 2.0.3 is only compatible with the NEO X5 FW version 011, NEO G4 FW version 007 and all future releases. It is compatible with all NEO X5mini, NEO X7 and X7mini FWs.

Is your X5 one of those models?

Yes it's the x5 mini neo, so I'll take a relook at it when I get home and hopefully sort it out, many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Where have people found the best deal, along with service and quick delivery?

I bought my Minix Neo x8-H with the M1 mouse for €150 from futeko.com

They delivery was excellent, ordered it on a Thursday and had it on the Monday.

I am now go to test their customer service as I went to use it on Sunday after a couple of days having not turned it on and it was dead. So am sending it back to Futeko (Manchester) today so I will see what their customer service is like.

I am very glad that I didnt buy from China or the US as the cost to send it back would be huge. Definitely something for people to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Anyone know of the current cheapest place to buy this-£104 (circa €130) on Amazon is the best deal I can find

Pious14 wrote: »
    Anyone know of the current cheapest place to buy this-£104 (circa €130) on Amazon is the best deal I can find

Have you tried Gearbest?

http://www.gearbest.com/minix-neo--_gear/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Not bad alternatives on this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057333159

Also there is another thread on here with stick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Don't forget customs with GB. That combined with the lead time Takes the attraction out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

I am looking for a box that has a quick interface and streams well. Cheap but good quality -want it as present for my brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Pious14 wrote: »
    I am looking for a box that has a quick interface and streams well. Cheap but good quality -want it as present for my brother!

Minix is expensive and they have finally just released a proper firmware.....but yet to be fully tested...

Thread above I linked to box, a good few people have bought the 1GB or 2GB version and working perfect for XBMC etc.....

If you do ship in you could get hit with custom but they charged me 6 euro for it....I did get a DHL handling fee of 10 euro :(

This may be of interest to anyone looking for the Minix X8-h plus.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93410845#post93410845

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

That place down in Waterford ( http://smarttvbox.ie/ ) are not bad price-wise considering you are getting it quick and you have local support in the event of a problem. They're about €20 above on the x8-h from Amazon and about the same on the plus version from the slowboat supplier the other side of the world (gearbest).

Advertisement