Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK phone work in ireland ?

Options
  • 23-08-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

will a uk Tesco phone work in Ireland Tesco

also is it hard to unblock phone to run sim free in Ireland ?

thanks

figs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭mcw92

What phone do you have?
    Unlock codes can be gotten on eBay for >€10.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

mcw92 wrote: »
    What phone do you have?
    Unlock codes can be gotten on eBay for >€10.

a samsung s4 for sale in uk would suit me perfectly . it has broken digitizer and i have spare digitizer . it is on tesco and 02 . i have PAYG so unlocking it would be ideal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

No you would have to get it unlocked unfortunately.
    A tesco uk phone will not work on the tesco Irl network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭mcw92

figs666 wrote: »
    a samsung s4 for sale in uk would suit me perfectly . it has broken digitizer and i have spare digitizer . it is on tesco and 02 . i have PAYG so unlocking it would be ideal .

More than likely locked to O2 so.

What price is it down for?

If is is a real bargain, you could get a o2 sim card, top up by £15, then request an unlock through o2.
    Pay & Go customers

You can unlock your iPhone or any other brand of phone locked to O2. It costs £15.00 and we'll take this from your Pay & Go balance.

Once you have a balance of £15.00 or more on your phone, just fill out this unlocking form and we'll look after the rest.

We'll send you an unlocking code and instructions within 3 working days of receiving your form.

We'll text you to let you know when your phone's been unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

magentis wrote: »
    No you would have to get it unlocked unfortunately.
    A tesco uk phone will not work on the tesco Irl network.
    This.
    It's not the same networks, in name only.

At least that is true for 3, so prob same for Tesco.

• Advertisement

I'm actually with 48months , so the plan would be buy the 70stg s4 , fit the new digitizer , unblock it and stay on 48 months ,

but you know what they say about plans ..............if you want to make god laugh , tell her your plans

plus I found instructions to unlock it for free on youtube

anybody know if an bill phone (and the bill is in arrears ) can be unblocked or can the network provider can lock it until bill is cleared ?

any idea's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

They won't give the code if the account is in arrears. You can buy the code on ebay for a tenner.

yes fred . but they would also have the IMEI number too . couldn't they block the phone if arrears are not paid up

if that was the case i could get samsung s5 on bill for 29 euro deal . unlock it and sell it for 400 easy . i won't do that but a heroin addict could ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I have not heard of them blocking handsets purely because of arrears, they will suspend and block the SIM, but not usually the phone.

hi fred . i heard people bought phones off donedeal and the phones were blocked because of arrears .

Advertisement