Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomond village

Options
  • 24-08-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys. I was in thomond village today and got the impression they are very strict. Am i going to regret thomond ? I want somewhere theres a bit of craic but not mental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

What's your definition of strict? Bear in mind that all the housing units in the campus residences hold a lot of students, especially the newer ones (Dromroe, Thomond, Cappavilla) which up to 60 people per unit. Substantial noise midweek in one apartment is going to piss off quite a lot of other residents, so they have restrictions on noise and partying. They're also not going to tolerate any damage to the apartments.

In other words, you're expected to behave like a responsible adult :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

That's what you'll probably get. especially in first year.

The estates around the college would be more 'mental', and I find you're less likely to disrupt the neighbours as you are in the complexes. Unless you're out on the street.

But I've found the likes of Elm Park and College Court have died down an awful lot compared to what they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Micksy Rabbit

I spent a lot of time in Thomond in first year and to be fair there was plenty of craic! When having a bit of a party or whatever make sure and keep the windows and curtains closed and the security won't bother you too often. Also don't have the main door into your apartment kept open as they don't appreciate that either, especially when its a fire extinguisher holding it open

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LawBreaker123

Thanks for the replies. What caught my eye the most was all visitors having to be gone by Ten. Surely if you have a few friends over they are not going to be knocking on your door trying to get rid of them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Thanks for the replies. What caught my eye the most was all visitors having to be gone by Ten. Surely if you have a few friends over they are not going to be knocking on your door trying to get rid of them ?

Rules like that give security an option to kick out people who are causing a disturbance. If you're being sensible about it you probably won't get any hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There's plenty of craic to be had in Thomond. Just don't act the prat and you won't have issues. Don't have music blaring at top volume, don't have 100 people in your kitchen shouting at the tops of their voices and 9 times out of 10 security won't bother you.

Security's a bitch during RAG though. As in, you have to put plans in place to get even one friend into your apartment after 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

The ten rule is just in case you are loud and disruptive so they have extra reason to tell people to go home. If it is just a few people the ten rule is nothing. My boyfriend and friends visited and stayed with me in plassey all the time and we had great craic but were not too loud so there was never a problem :) the ten thing is more of a guideline.

Advertisement