Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym, free weights, sport facilities at UL??

Options
  • 22-08-2014 8:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

May be attending in September.

Getting a workout in is an important part of my day.

Had studied at NUIG where they had the kingfisher gym, which was excellent.
    Full range of free weights and punch bags hung.

Anything similar at UL in terms of sports facilities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

UL is the sporting campus of Ireland... Olympic size swimming pool, 5x 4th Gen artificial pitches. Fully equipped gym, indoor and outdoor running tracks.

http://www.ulsport.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

They have punch bags hung??

Checked out that website.
    Looks fantastic, but didn't actually see if they have bags hung or what.

Would you know how it may compare with NUI Maynooth (which is my other option)??

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I don't know about the punch bags, never looked for them myself. I have no experience of Maynooth but the all the sports facilities are on campus no more than a 10 min walk away from all the main buildings and campus accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

There's a punching bag or two out on one of the corners of the indoor running track - it's very rare both are in use. Not sure if there are any others around but they're not in the main gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There was a punchbag last time I was there anyway. Up on the mezzanine in one of the corners of the track.

These guys might be able to help https://www.facebook.com/ULBOXING

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Okay cheers for the info.

The other thing that's kind of off topic but you guys might be able to help me.

Accommodation near UL??

Average time to get to UL from nearby acc?

The other place I was looking at was NUI Maynooth, and some folk are saying it could take up to an hour to get into Uni.
    That would suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Gym in UL is grand but VERY busy, depending on the time of day there's a lot of waiting for people to finish especially in the weights section.

I think around 9-11 in the morning its quiet but early mornings and afternoons/evenings are busy.

There is a punching bag there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Punching bag is on the 3rd corner of the track from the entrance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Is the gym open between 6 - 6.45am ?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Is the gym open between 6 - 6.45am ?

Nope - opens at 7 every weekday, 10 at the weekends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Is the gym free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Is the gym free ?

Nope there are membership rates and pay as you go rates on the Arena website.

DO NOT join if you like swimming weekends as the pool is closed a lot of weekends for various swimming galas etc.

Advertisement