Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker cable

Options
  • 12-02-2011 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

I have a hd tv ,ps3, sky box setup.I want to hook them up to my stereo 5.1 system but the only cable i have to hand is cat 5 e.It worked away grand for a few days but now only one speaker is working.I checked all connections so im thinking the cable is not suitable.Before i rewire can someone confirm.Im trying to play music from an external hard drive on ps3.I have a hd lead between the ps3 and tv and phono leads to stereo system.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Are you using the Cat 5E as speaker cable or to interconnect the sources to the amp?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Firstly check you 5.1 is set to surround / stereo mode not mono
    Second its remotely possible that your amp and or speakers are blown.

Find any sort of speaker cable and wire each speaker to your amp one by one. Starting from front left with the working speaker

Sol

Advertisement