Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long is reasonable wait before Small Claims Court...

Options
  • 08-09-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭

Had to send a phone back to Meteor for warranty work. It has now been 6 weeks and all they can tell me is that it is with the manufacturer. Given that they initially said 10 working days for repair, how long is a reasonable wait before having to go down the road of Small Claims Court?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Had to send a phone back to Meteor for warranty work. It has now been 6 weeks and all they can tell me is that it is with the manufacturer. Given that they initially said 10 working days for repair, how long is a reasonable wait before having to go down the road of Small Claims Court?
    Print off the forms for the SCC now and start to fill them in and Write a letter to the shop manager outlining your issue/grievance and stating what you want done to resolve the issue. you can post the letter or deliver it in person to the store. If you get no satisfactory response within 3-5 days from the shop you should proceed with the Small Claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Print off the forms for the SCC now and start to fill them in and Write a letter to the shop manager outlining your issue/grievance and stating what you want done to resolve the issue. you can post the letter or deliver it in person to the store. If you get no satisfactory response within 3-5 days from the shop you should proceed with the Small Claim.

Cheers for the info, what you say above is exactly what I had planned on doing, going to go into the shop on Tuesday (as it will be 6 weeks on Monday) with letter and copy of SCC form (but will not submit straight away) in the hope of a response

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Out if interest, what kind of a phone is it? If its an Apple your better off dealing with them directly as their customer service is top notch. Most I've ever waited for a repair from them is 5 days. A lot if the other manufacturers have their own network if repairers. Six weeks is a joke.

Out if interest, what kind of a phone is it? If its an Apple your better off dealing with them directly as their customer service is top notch. Most I've ever waited for a repair from them is 5 days. A lot if the other manufacturers have their own network if repairers. Six weeks is a joke.

It's a HTC, bought new from Meteor.

All Meteor can tell me is that their Dublin repair centre couldn't fix it so it's gone back to manufacturer. I will bring paper-work into local Meteor store on Tuesday, it may help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

All Meteor can tell me is that their Dublin repair centre couldn't fix it so it's gone back to manufacturer. I will bring paper-work into local Meteor store on Tuesday, it may help

AFAIK Htc have their own service for returning faulty phones which definitely does not take anything near 6 weeks. Id be demanding a replacement at this stage.

• Advertisement

AFAIK Htc have their own service for returning faulty phones which definitely does not take anything near 6 weeks. Id be demanding a replacement at this stage.

Wonder would they tell me to go and sh1te if I demanded a new phone? Might put in the demand on Tuesday anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You have no automatic right to a replacement in this case. The repair scenario needs to be sorted one way or the other first. But that's an aside from your SCC question and a different issue.
    Give them the letter with a 3 day grace to reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

I had tje same problem they told me it was the only case ever snd could not understand bull. It took a letter to eircom CEO and the shop to get action as soon as I'm out of contract on that phone I'm gone from any eircom company muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

infosys wrote: »
    I had tje same problem they told me it was the only case ever snd could not understand bull. It took a letter to eircom CEO and the shop to get action as soon as I'm out of contract on that phone I'm gone from any eircom company muppets.

You be only running from one "muppet" to another

These issues are occurring with every provider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

weisses wrote: »
    You be only running from one "muppet" to another

These issues are occurring with every provider

It was specifically the issue with a HTC I was referring to. I was also waiting a number of weeks for a repair/replacement. I was informed by the company it never happened before.

I have done business with all providers in the past and while some are worse than others the Eircom crowd are the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

infosys wrote: »
    It was specifically the issue with a HTC I was referring to. I was also waiting a number of weeks for a repair/replacement. I was informed by the company it never happened before.

I have done business with all providers in the past and while some are worse than others the Eircom crowd are the worst.

That's fine ... you personally had your worst experience with Eircom ... But when you read the horror stories other people post even here on boards about other providers i think it would be very difficult to pick one that stands out over the other

Called into the shop yesterday and informed the manager (by means of written letter with crucial dates etc.) that if no resolution by Friday that I will proceed with SCC application. He embarrassingly agreed with me

Advertisement