Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning faulty item to Argos

Options
  • 07-09-2013 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭

I know this topic has been done to death but I have an item and I'm not sure I'll be able to return it.

It's a gift from my aunt for my baby - an electrical cot mobile thing that sings to the baby. She got in argos and gave it to me about 6 weeks ago. Tonight is the first night we've tried to use it because up until now he has been falling asleep in our arms and it has two faults, one is that the volume button doesn't work so it's blasting lullabies at full volume into his face and also the mobile part doesn't spin like it's supposed to.

She lives the other side of the country so bought it in Argos there and doesn't think she has the receipt (but is looking hard). Is there anything I can do? I was going to put it back in it's box and bring it to Argos in the next few days to try but I was just wondering if anyone had a similiar experience. I can't even prove it came from there so I'm thinking I'm stuck with a dud product :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have always found them spot on. Go in and politely exam the situation. I'm sure they will be accommodating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I have always found them spot on. Go in and politely exam the situation. I'm sure they will be accommodating.

Hopefully, I've also found them very good in the past and I'm fairly sure the box still has the sticker on it with their code so that might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Is the purchase on a bank statement perhaps? If it was a cash purchase and Argos can't help you, go directly to the manufacturer, this is one of the few situations I recommend going down that route.

If one Argos store won't help you don't be afraid to try another.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Argos are one of the best for dealing with returns!

Advertisement