Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC phone repair shop?

Options
  • 11-08-2013 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Hoping for recommendations as to a phone repair shop.Unlocked the bootloader on my HTC one but made an error in rooting it.Screen has digits and letters at the top and missing pixels?:(Situated in Galway but willing to travel further a field.Help!
    Selig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Conar

Not sure if many phone shops repair potential bricks, could be wrong though. What type of HTC? Can you get into fastboot or recovery?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

No expert in this area it goes without saying but yeah I think I can go into fast boot but twrp did not install successfully????Superuser did not install,not sure what went wrong,followed HTCOneRoot.com's excellent guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Conar

seligehgit wrote: »
    No expert in this area it goes without saying but yeah I think I can go into fast boot but twrp did not install successfully????Superuser did not install,not sure what went wrong,followed HTCOneRoot.com's excellent guide.

Sounds like you should be OK. Can you still get into fastboot and select recovery to get to twrp?
    If so had you made a backup in twrp before installing the superuser zip? If you did just restore that backup.
    If not you just need to flash a custom ROM anyway and you should be back up and running. Search for ADHD 12.2 for HTC One on XDADev. Stock based and very good.
    Sorry, running off to work this second so can't help further for a while.

Conar wrote: »
    Sounds like you should be OK. Can you still get into fastboot and select recovery to get to twrp?
    If so had you made a backup in twrp before installing the superuser zip? If you did just restore that backup.
    If not you just need to flash a custom ROM anyway and you should be back up and running. Search for ADHD 12.2 for HTC One on XDADev. Stock based and very good.
    Sorry, running off to work this second so can't help further for a while.

Thanks very much for your help,yeah selected recovery and got into twrp.Nah HTCOneRoot.com advised doing the backup after I had transfered the SU file.Anyhow flashed twrp and did a backup of the stock rom.Now have SU in apps,still have problem with screen so will have to reinstall stock rom.Have no idea how to do this,shall try my local repair shop in the morning.Might PM you if I'm still at a loss.My warranty is obviously voided,bought the phone unlocked off clove.co.uk
    http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-root/how-to-root-htc-one-windowsmaclinux/#

Dropped the phone the other day,touch screen glass digitizer may be broken,rooting may be simply a coincidence??

• Advertisement

Screenshot,lcd display broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

seligehgit wrote: »
    Screenshot,lcd display broken?

It's fine, you've somehow checked some debug features.
    Settings > Developer Options > Uncheck pointer location

Advertisement