Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the Best MicroSD Card For Running Custom ROMs

Options
  • 13-08-2013 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is a bit of a stupid thread but I was just wondering whether people are able to recommend any specific cards which they have found to run Custom ROMs especially well on Android phones?

I currently have a class 10 Samsung 16gb card in use which is alright, but I'd really like something to help reduce the bits of lagging which do occur. Figure it might be possible that the way those classes are determined may not be an ideal measure for what an SD card needs to be good at for this due to the extensive multitasking involved.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

SD Card won't make any difference, a slow SD card is a slow SD card, the ROM isn't being installed on the card so it has no bearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Is that also the case for SD cards which have been partitioned to bolster the phone's "internal storage"? I've mine partitioned so the phone thinks it has an extra 2GB internal storage due to the HTC Desire's tiny internal storage space. Basically assumed the ROM was running off the partition from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Is that also the case for SD cards which have been partitioned to bolster the phone's "internal storage"? I've mine partitioned so the phone thinks it has an extra 2GB internal storage due to the HTC Desire's tiny internal storage space. Basically assumed the ROM was running off the partition from that.

When you partition the sd card as you have the it will make a difference. The Rom itself isn't on the sd card but the apps are running from there.

But a class 10 sd card it's one of the fastest you can get. I used to run my desire off a class 4 and it was very good.

I think if you want a speed increase its tune to get a new phone.

Advertisement