Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google play services latest update

• 05-05-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭

Have any of ye updated this and did ye experience any problems? Reviews are saying that there is glitches so I'm not sure if I should update.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

god dont, if its anything like what i am going through stay the f away. nothing but a nightmare. until there is one more update after this one to fix the issues they broke I would advise against it.
    just my 2 cents.

daytob wrote: »
    god dont, if its anything like what i am going through stay the f away. nothing but a nightmare. until there is one more update after this one to fix the issues they broke I would advise against it.
    just my 2 cents.

What's happening with your device at the moment? Some are saying if they could rate it zero stars they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Not sure if its related or not. But did an update to android 5.1 and services keep crashing. Problems accessing play store. Any google related services.

Not sure if its related or not. But did an update to android 5.1 and services keep crashing. Problems accessing play store. Any google related services.

Maybe the new update isn't playing nice with different versions of android? Do Google not run tests on multiple devices before rolling out an update or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Ronald Cynic

I updated my device to 5.1.1 yesterday with no issues but then I'm using a Nexus 7 so if they can't make that work they should give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ronald Cynic

I don't know about that. My pad has worked like a dream since I got it. Never had any problems following upgrades or anythng. I use it every day for surfing and as a reader with Aldiko. It has never given me any trouble at all. Maybe I'm not pushing it to its limits so it just tootles along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Patww79 wrote: »

The Indian Business Times, a font of knowledge clickbait.

N72012 has had problems but N7 2013 is fine for most on latest android version.

Lollipop is a major upgrade. I'd recommend a factory reset after installing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Patww79 wrote: »

Article refers to a version of OS that is a couple of versions outdated. Recent OTAs should have addressed.

Problem was discussed on N7 thread here back in early April when it was reported.. I don't recall any/many users having the issues in the article.

Used my N7 from 8 this morn until lunchtime and had zero issues. (Browsing, emaik, streaming music/movies, XBMC,etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Backup and do a factory reset, there are major changes in these OTA updates.

The thing about OTA updates is if you keep updating you'll end up with bugs, guaranteed, this is true for every OS, it's always better and cleaner to wipe and setup fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

Is anyone else getting the play store open up on random game download pages? Sometimes when I open the phone book or message screens it opens up like an advert which is really annoying...

Every time I go to use a Google app I get a push notification to update it. Don't understand how Google could roll out this without a proper test of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

KKkitty wrote: »
    Every time I go to use a Google app I get a push notification to update it. Don't understand how Google could roll out this without a proper test of it.

Just do a factory reset and be done with it

Just do a factory reset and be done with it

Trying to avoid that.

Advertisement