Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue ribbons on hartstown road.....

Options
  • 17-03-2015 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭

....tied to all the trees and lampposts all the way up the road. Anyone know why?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Can be either support for the local police or for anti-child abuse movement (both american things) - however it's presumably been adopted by locals after rumours of an attempted child abduction recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They were put up a few months ago too and I think it was to direct people to a family fun day somewhere. They weren't taken down that time either, or at least not all of them were. There are still straggly pieces of ribbon hanging from some of the lamp posts.

Could be wrong of course, but I thought I saw somewhere that it was to direct people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I heard it's to do with autism awareness day on April 2nd. I think there's some talk on in mountview school

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

It's to with Autisim Day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Snap! Posted at the same time. My date could well be wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I couldn't remember where I thought they were directing people to the last time, but now that you mention it, it was Mountview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Hope Montessori http://www.hmacc.com/ are hosting an event in honour of world autism day on the 27th of March in mountview community centre!
    The blue ribbons are part of that and raising autism awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Thanks folks, curiosity sated!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Chocolate

I thought someone had taken their wedding décor to a whole new level of bonkers!

Advertisement