Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy but tasty dinner suggestion

Options
  • 15-06-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all, new to this forum but hoping you knowledgable people could help me! Cooking dinner tomorrow after work for my colleagues and looking for some reasonably easy recipes which are tasty. May seem a silly thread butI'm not the greatest cook and wouldn't have much experience so wanted to broaden my cookbook!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Quick and easy recipes thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054856196
    Outside of that, maybe you could give an idea of how many people you'll be cooking for, how much time you will have, budget, preference re meat/fish/vegetarian/other food issues for example intolerances, equipment at your disposal etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Chop an onion and 2 cloves of garlic and lob them in the frying pan with olive oil until translucent
    Dice 2 chicken breasts and add to pan, cooking for 6-8 minutes
    Chop a carton of mushrooms and add to pan for a further 5 minutes
    Add 250ml of chicken stock, bring to the boil and lower heat to a simmer
    Chuck in half a carton of philadelphia with garlic and herbs, add a good squirt of tomato puree and a heaped tbsp of tarragon
    Simmer over a low heat until reduced and delicious (15-20 minutes) and serve over tagliatelle

Mmmmmmmmmmm........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Fry some minced beef (seasoned well), with chopped onions and garlic. Add a carton of passata for a creamy sauce, or some chopped tomatoes for a "chunkier" sauce, with a chopped chilli pepper and a tin of kidney beans. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Serve with brown rice. Easy version of chilli con carne, which is also a highly nutritious meal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You'll also find tons of tried and tested recipes in the Cooking Club. The stickies at the top have lists and links, and a lot of the recipes are very easy to make too :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1355

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

Thanks for your advice I found it helpful and it has given me a few ideas...I'm cooking for 6 on roughly a fortnightly basis! :\ so far I've had some big hits with some of the suggestions here...although one was a disaster ha! My fault!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

skybhoy121 wrote: »
    ...although one was a disaster ha! My fault!!

Oh you're not alone there - we have a Cooking Disasters thread :)

Advertisement