Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moy Park Chicken in the bag

Options
  • 30-06-2015 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I had one of these last night and it was delicious but the bag burst in the oven, I did it on 190, has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I think the bag is meant to slowly open over the course of the cooking time. Certainly any time Ive cooked them the sides of the bag have opened by the time it's ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Thanks..... i tried to get the instructions off the pack to read as instructed but they tore so could not read it properly, glad I had it in a deep dish though otherwise it would have been all over the over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I think the bag is meant to slowly open over the course of the cooking time. Certainly any time Ive cooked them the sides of the bag have opened by the time it's ready.

Yes, my bag opened during cooking. I wouldn't say it burst though. Chicken was delicious. I thought I'd picked up the plain one but it turned out to be the one with garlic and herbs (which I like anyway) Tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Just had the garlic and herb which was lovely, have enough for lunch and dinner tomorrow. Was so handy, will get it again.
    It says on the instructions, the bag will open during cooking.

Yeh really tasty chicken indeed, it was on special offer in Dunnes for 5 euros although don't know if that is still the case, i must try the garlic one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Must give these Moy Park ones a try. Anytime I've tried chicken-in-bags before the flavour mix has been horrifically salty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I've tried the extra tasty ones a couple of times and they certainly are very very tasty. The bag opened a little bit the first time, not burst. Second time round I reduced the recommended time by 15 minutes and the bag remained sealed. But I did this not because to avoid the leakage, but simply because I don't like mushy chicken breasts. Love the juices. Mmmmmmmmmmm..... maltrodextrin goodness :D

I left it for a full hour and a half because I was worried it would not be cooked well enough, it was cooked beautifully in that time though so regardless of the bag opening it is a great buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Plan on getting one of these for dinner! Would there be juice enough to make gravy? I love chicken gravy!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Where are they sold please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Where are they sold please?

I got mine in Tesco, but I'm sure Dunnes should do them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Got mine in Dunnes Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I was in Tesco today and didn't see them. Just the ordinary chicken.

But then again, I wasn't looking for that product either!

And Yikes... the free range chicken was over ten euro. But I got one anyway. Tiny little thing it was too. Hope the flavour is good enough. I would have got three other chooks for the same price.

Thanks for the heads up. Am looking forward to trying the chook in the bag.

Sounds great, thanks for the feedback folks!

I was in Tesco today and didn't see them. Just the ordinary chicken.

But then again, I wasn't looking for that product either!

And Yikes... the free range chicken was over ten euro. But I got one anyway. Tiny little thing it was too. Hope the flavour is good enough. I would have got three other chooks for the same price.

Thanks for the heads up. Am looking forward to trying the chook in the bag.

Sounds great, thanks for the feedback folks!

Some free-range chickens are a shocking price alright. The ones in Lidl are good value.

I also heard that the Spatchcock chickens from Aldi are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Zelda247 wrote: »
    They are. I had the Lemon and Papoper one last night cooked on the barbecue and it was great, very lemony.

I can't believe they are only 3 euros....

I can't believe they are only 3 euros....
    I was in there yesterday and saw that they also do packs of 4 chicken thighs with the same lemon pepper marinade. €2.29 per pack.

Its amazing value but it does worry me slightly about the quality as its so cheap...still I suppose if its tastes good whats the problem

Its amazing value but it does worry me slightly about the quality as its so cheap...still I suppose if its tastes good whats the problem
    It's Irish chicken at least, and not imported chicken "produced" in Ireland.

On the label there's "Reared and produced in Ireland", "Produced in Ireland using Irish chicken", Bord Bia Quality Assurance Scheme stamp, name of the farmer in Co. Monaghan etc. so it seems kosher.

• Advertisement

That's true, I never noticed the produced in Ireland ones.... thats a new one! if its from Monaghan that's certainly good enough for me!

Not a hope it'd be free range at that price though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

I bought one today so I'll let you know tomorrow!

Advertisement