Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Circulating pumps help

• 14-03-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,I have recently had a new boiler stove installed and I noticed that when I put on the central heating that the stove pump turns on when stove is not lit,was just wondering is this ok too have 2 pumps running at the same time oil boiler and stove pump with the stove not lit.There is no pipes banging or noise at all.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

stevegrace wrote: »
    Hi,I have recently had a new boiler stove installed and I noticed that when I put on the central heating that the stove pump turns on when stove is not lit,was just wondering is this ok too have 2 pumps running at the same time oil boiler and stove pump with the stove not lit.There is no pipes banging or noise at all.Thanks in advance.
    No as this will just dump the heat from the boiler into the stove. It sounds like the pipe stat is on the wrong pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

shane0007 wrote: »
    No as this will just dump the heat from the boiler into the stove. It sounds like the pipe stat is on the wrong pipe.

Hi Shane, the pipe stat is on the flow top inlet from stove and the pump is on the return inlet from stove bottom pipe.so should i not use ch for time being thanks.

Hi Shane, the pipe stat is on the flow top inlet from stove and the pump is on the return inlet from stove bottom pipe.so should i not use ch for time being thanks.
    Is there another 2 pipes going to the cylinder or is the pump on the primary circuit?
    If the water is cold in the stove and the pump is wired through a pipe stat, then the stat is wired incorrectly!

Is there another 2 pipes going to the cylinder or is the pump on the primary circuit?
    If the water is cold in the stove and the pump is wired through a pipe stat, then the stat is wired incorrectly!

No 2 new pipes were installed from stove to dual coil cyclinder,the new pump is on the new pipe from stove to cyclinder
    sorry forgot to say pipe from back of stove is warm also

No 2 new pipes were installed from stove to dual coil cyclinder,the new pump is on the new pipe from stove to cyclinder
    It is installed incorrectly so. It could not have a non-return valve fitted so the CH boiler is heating the stove & bringing the stove pump on.

• Advertisement

It is installed incorrectly so. It could not have a non-return valve fitted so the CH boiler is heating the stove & bringing the stove pump on.

there is a non return valve fitted at boiler so the stove will not heat the oil boiler

so is there an easy way to fix it so the oil isnt turning on the stove pump and is it save to use in the mean time thanks for the help.

so is there an easy way to fix it so the oil isnt turning on the stove pump and is it save to use in the mean time thanks for the help.
    Yes, re-pipe it properly to the way it should be done. It's always easier to do a job the proper way the first time.

Yes, re-pipe it properly to the way it should be done. It's always easier to do a job the proper way the first time.
    ill have to get the plumber back so and it was all working so well :rolleyes: till i seen the stove pump was running when it shouldn't be thanks for replies

Just ensure it is not made worse by installing a NR valve on the primary circuit. No valves, pumps, etc are allowed on the primary circuit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement