Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slow heating from stove

• 13-03-2013 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

Was called back to a job today that I did about a year ago. Basically it is a Stanley Reginald stove connected to a twin coll cylinder,gravity HW and pumped heating, The other coil serves the oil boiler. The clients problem was when the stove was lit initially it burned well. Once it reached temperature the thermostatically operated damper shut down and didn't open again for what seemed to be an eternity. Hot water was not a problem but it took hours for the radiators to heat up to an acceptable temperature. The air supply is connected directly to the rear of the stove from outside by an 80mm flexible pipe. The pipestat was situated on the return pipe at the base of the cylinder in the hot press and set to 55/60 deg C. Any ideas as to a solution appreciated.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

oikster wrote: »
    The pipestat was situated on the return pipe at the base of the cylinder in the hot press and set to 55/60 deg C. Any ideas as to a solution appreciated.:confused:

Incorrect location of pipe stat. It should be on the flow pipe as close to the stove as possible. The further it is from the stove the lower the temp should be set.
    Move the stat & reset temp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Was called back to a job today that I did about a year ago. Basically it is a Stanley Reginald stove connected to a twin coll cylinder,gravity HW and pumped heating, The other coil serves the oil boiler. The clients problem was when the stove was lit initially it burned well. Once it reached temperature the thermostatically operated damper shut down and didn't open again for what seemed to be an eternity. Hot water was not a problem but it took hours for the radiators to heat up to an acceptable temperature. The air supply is connected directly to the rear of the stove from outside by an 80mm flexible pipe. The pipestat was situated on the return pipe at the base of the cylinder in the hot press and set to 55/60 deg C. Any ideas as to a solution appreciated.:confused:
    Why is the pipe stat on the return???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Has this been a problem from day one or is it something that is recent.
    Did you try lowering the stat and see if that helps it might just be getting to much flow to cylinder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭oikster

shane0007 wrote: »
    Incorrect location of pipe stat. It should be on the flow pipe as close to the stove as possible. The further it is from the stove the lower the temp should be set.
    Move the stat & reset temp.

Good man Shane. To tell you the truth I had already done this but only because it made sense when I looked at it. I threw it up here just to check if I had done the right thing. But every day is a school day. I was brought up and trained in a time when all pipe stats prioritised HW. After I moved the stat the pump came on much quicker,the stove cooled and the damper opened. Hot rads in no time and a very happy client. Thanks for confirming that for me Shane as I was at a loss to know if I had done right or not.:)

Advertisement