Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mount Rushmore of Wrestling

• 08-07-2015 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Who's on your Mount Rushmore of Wrestling? In my opinion, you can't have a Mount Rushmore without Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair with the 4th man being up for debate.

Of course everyone has a different opinion and some people probably won't even have the aforementioned three guys on them. It doesn't matter what reason you choose them for whether it's the best wrestlers, biggest stars, wrestlers that you liked the most etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

My ideal would be Bret, Shawn, Austin and Taker.

However, the most likely would be Hulk, Austin, Flair and Dusty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Melina, Alicia Fox and The Bellas

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Austin, Hogan, Flair and (Kane and Big Show of course)...

Triple threat between Bret, HBK and The Rock for the 4th spot then we get a classic wrestling screw job as Vinnie Mac makes himself no.4.

Andre name would get thrown into the mix but not chosen, just like Taker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Cena, Austin, Hogan, Rock.

If Cena had come along ten years earlier, and been able to compete in the attitude era, he would've been as beloved as Austin and The Rock. Love him or hate him he's been the face of the WWE (and wrestling) for the past decade or so, and has put on a lot of great matches.

I think the rest are in for obvious reasons. Left out the likes of Bret Hart and HBK because their times at the top of the business really weren't that great, bar a few matches against each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Always thought vince belongs up there when people have this chat but guess its more about wrestlers.

Hogan Austin rock i think cant be argued and id probaley pick HBK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

1964902_815865078424702_9138226788346034008_n.jpg?oh=ffd55ee2b1c2739ade3b22f2ab14b9fb&oe=562052D2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is that Taker, or Vigo from Ghostbusters 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

to me you have to have Gorilla Monsoon up there, Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'm going with Rikidozan, Antonio Inoki, Giant Baba, Mitsuharu Misawa. Without Rikidozan there is no Baba or Inoki, so there is no AJPW or NJPW and Misawa is the greatest wrestler of his generation whose split from AJPW to create NOAH changed puroresu.

From an in ring point of view I would say Kobashi, Liger, Manami Toyota, Tanahashi (bit controversial but dammit I don't care)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

google images says this = Mount Rushmore of Wrestling (top result)

mountista_zpsd2bec25f.jpg

Mystery solves I guess, big Dave wins

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Bruno, Hogan, Austin, and Undertaker for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

It's a tough one, if you want to be representative across a few decades you could say Bruno, Hogan, Austin & Cena.

But personally I'd say Hogan, Flair, a Taker and Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Mount+Rushmore.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Whoever the biggest aggregate draws were in terms of ticket sales, PPV buys and merch other revenue. I guess that would be something like Sammartino, Flair, Hogan, Austin, Rock and/or Cena. Not sure who the biggest Japan and Mexico draws would be...

You could also take into account people who changed, innovated or otherwise significantly influenced the business not to mention personal taste. However, drawing power is a good point to start at since it is more objective and can be empirically proven to a degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

if you are talking just the states then frank gotch, lou thesz, hulk hogan and maybe vince jr i dunno

the first three are probably about as close to washington, lincoln and jefferson as you will get in us pro-wrestling history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold and John Cena.

Advertisement