Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beaker Joes Blog - Entry 3 (Why I cant stop watching WWE)

Options
  • 22-06-2015 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Havent been as active as much on here in a while with Baby raising (8 months old noe) and new security measures in work.....(boo!!!)

Anyway, I have decided to write a blog. This post is my third entry so far and Id love any of you kind folk could read and give any feed back, it would be greatly appreciated.

I basically just like wrestling, Im not as knowledgeable as Rovert, or as witty as Jay Hunter, but I just wanted to do something in relation to pro wrerstling so here goes. My first pice was just to test the waters with a small piece about Jessica Havok and how twitter affected her WWE tryout and my second was a fan tribute to Dusty Rhodes after his apssing.

Thanks Guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Hey, good stuff on deciding to start up a blog I'm sure the other boardsies look forward to reading it as much as I do. I had to google it to find it (Did you forget to link it?) but I'm starting your first entry now and plan on reading all of them. Best of Luck!
    https://beakerjoesblog.wordpress.com/author/beakerjoe/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I feel the exact same way. I have been watching wrestling for 15 years now and I have no plans of stop watching wrestling any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Reading the 3rd entry, like it so far BeakerJoe, looking forward to reading more off your ramblings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm a WWF lifer as well. Even when I wasn't watching in the mid - late 2000s I still put on videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah I did forget to link it, but the link is actually in my signature.

Thanks for the feedback, Id love some neagtive feedback as I know its not great and would love some tips on making it better.

Hit me guys,hit me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I liked it and I like the topic you picked (speaking about the most recent one) as I think a lot of people can associate with that feeling. Your hook could be that you are the average fan, think you acknowledged you aren't the most knowledgeable in the world but tbh that could be a good thing as it's hard to compete with a Meltzer etc but you can tap into that thing we can all associate with and you did well here with the whole "I was there" part of that entry.

Trying for constructive criticism (so sorry if I sound like a Jerk) : I kinda felt with that topic though that it dragged a little and felt I got what you were trying to convey well before the end of the article. Perhaps a few more specific examples would have worked well as it did in that before mentioned "I was there" part or when you talked about the occasional bits of brilliance the WWE are capable of. Those parts backed up your arguement very well be it establishing how long you have been watching no matter the quality or why you keep watching.

If you did the same with the negatives and gave an example of times when booking made you feel like you shouldn't keep watching then I think you would have kept the readers attention a little better than the more generic comments along the lines of poor character development and annoying commentators. That said... Good work dude!

Thanks BH,

Its a work in progress, still trying to find my way to be honest. Much appreciated.

https://beakerjoesblog.wordpress.com/

My latest piece on being an adult and a wrestling fan.

Feddback welcome as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Read the newest and last ones , Very good stuff man i'm the very same as you though been watching WWE since it 1st came on sky one years ago and before that it was renting VHS's tapes of old summer slams and Wresltmanias and whatever else they had (think thats where my hate of Hogan started too, because he won in every single one of them) and funnily enough my love of the Ultimate Warrior because he's the 1st guy I ever saw beat Hogan

But ya its well engrained at me at this stage and probably because of this reason i can't for the life of me get fully engaged in any other product , Yes i've watched ROH, ECW, WCW Lucha Underground and NJPW but I'll always sadly sometimes go back to WWE for the exact same reasons

That's something I can relate to as well. I would have frequently dipped in and out of other promotions throughout the years. It was easy to catch the first hour of Nitro when waiting for Raw to start in the days that I used to watch it on a Friday night. I have gone through phases of watching Impact on Sunday evenings. But ultimately I can never become as emotionally invested in any product as I have been with WWF/E throughout the years.

• Advertisement

Cheers guys, glad to see I'm not the only one struggling to unhook the needle of WWE from my veins.

Who amI kidding? I dont want to. ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

beakerjoe wrote: »

enjoyed that. I never new that TNA was on challenge TV until reading this:o

Tugboats wrote: »
    enjoyed that. I never new that TNA was on challenge TV until reading this:o

Ah Tuggers, where have you been?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah Tuggers, where have you been?

I wouldnt religiously watch TNA but when i do it would be online. I didn't even know there was a challenge channel!
    To be honest I'm trying to cut down on wrestling. I'm getting rid of the Network at the end of the month. I came to the realization that I'm not watching the old stuff and thats all its good for really. These days its so easy watch a ppv elsewhere. If i feel like a wrestling binge I will take advantage of the free month that they seem to offer every other month these days!

Just read the TNA entry there. Seems to be a really good attitude towards TNA in the piece. It's frustrating to see so many people knocking them when I'm sure they're trying hard, so fair play to you for putting that stuff out there. Also just notice your entry "Wrestling Vs. Real Life" I hadn't noticed that one was up there. Also, the new layout is nice.

My latest piece : My thoughts on Bray Wyatt

https://beakerjoesblog.wordpress.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Slight typo at the start of the Bray Wyatt one man:
    Yet not matter how much WWE tries to suggest it, I’m not afraid for Bray Wyatt. Actually I’m more afraid FOR Bray Wyatt if anything.

I assume that's meant to be 'of'

Slight typo at the start of the Bray Wyatt one man:

I assume that's meant to be 'of'

I rushed it out, Cheers Mr Bond

My latest entry on TNAs new heavyweight Champion, Ethan Carter III#

EC3 : The Redemption of Michael Hutter

https://beakerjoesblog.wordpress.com/

• Advertisement

My latest piece on Dean Ambrose and what the future may hold ...

https://beakerjoesblog.wordpress.com

The Unstable Future of Dean Ambrose

My latest piece for Voices of Wrestling on Becky Lynch.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/07/13/the-journey-of-becky-lynch/

Writing this made me admire her more. This was up on teh site just hours before her debut, so the timing is fitting.

Big thanks to Rovert for a lot of help too. Hes a great guy.

Advertisement