Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tires wear help

Options
  • 30-06-2015 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

my back tires are badly worn on the inside of both. its worn worse on the back right than the left. my front tires are perfect. but over the last week there has been a rubbing noise but from what i can see its not rubbing the arch. the car is an altezza. could getting alignment done sort this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I'd imagine a few less roundabouts and crossroads should sort it out no problem..!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

fatabit wrote: »
    my back tires are badly worn on the inside of both. its worn worse on the back right than the left. my front tires are perfect. but over the last week there has been a rubbing noise but from what i can see its not rubbing the arch. the car is an altezza. could getting alignment done sort this?

It'll do no harm, and if the place doing it is any good they should tell you if the bearings or anything else is gone which could also be causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

fatabit wrote: »

Sounds like your rear suspension is a bit worn. Could be control arm bushings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

Is the suspension as standard or modified?

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Fatswaldo

Sounds like your rear suspension is a bit worn. Could be control arm bushings.

Agree that this is the most likely cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

If it's lowered, I'm assuming it is, it will have cambered the wheels negatively.
    To account for this you need adjustable arms in the back to adjust this out of it.

The inside wear comes from the car running on the inside edge of the tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

YbFocus wrote: »
    If it's lowered, I'm assuming it is, it will have cambered the wheels negatively.
    To account for this you need adjustable arms in the back to adjust this out of it.

The inside wear comes from the car running on the inside edge of the tyre.

That is exactly where my question about the suspension is coming from. My guess is that it is lowered and thus substantial negative camber.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fatabit

all is good now lads the rubbing was a wheel spacer that wasnt in place properly. the car is lowered on springs so it was the negative camber that caused the tires to go

Advertisement