Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oxegen recommendations

• 18-06-2005 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

So Oxegen is only 20 days away ,what are ppls recommendations for the must see bands.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Hmm... Good thread. Cant say I know many of the smaller bands playing this year. Of the mainer bands I'd reccommend Feeder (always good live), Flogging Molly (They wouldn't be my favourite, but they'll surely be fun to be at), Interpol, New Order, Green Day, yada yada...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I would hope to check out

new band stage
    The Magic Numbers [sun]: they sounded good on jools
    Tom Vek [sun]: Heard good things about this guy

Green Room
    Biffy Clyro [sat] : havnt heard any of their stuff but interested to see what they are like
    Interpol [sat] : few good songs, might be good live
    Rodrigo y Gabriela [sat] : should be brilliant live

The Ticket Stage
    The Prodigy [sat] : Legend
    Kasabian[sat] : some good tunes - worth a look
    Bloc Party [sat]: heard good stuff about these guys, might be crap live though
    Doves [sun] : last broadcast is a great album - they should be good

OXEGEN STAGE
    Razorlight[sat] : great album
    Kaiser Chiefs[sat]: not a super fan but they should be wicked live, loads of moshing
    Queens Of The Stone Age[sat] : must see
    The Killers[sun] : some nice poppy tunes
    Foo Fighters[sun] : classic stuff here

knowing my luck half of these will be on at the same time in different stages :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Yeah I'd back up the flogging molly recommendation. I'd say they could be this year's electric6. Also Mundy, alway's liked him live. A lot of people I know are recommending Audioslave, I've never heard em really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

just been listening to a bit of flogging molly on their site....they will be great live - loads of hopping around and drunkin irish dancing :) Wouldnt buy the album though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Maximo Park.
    Bright Eyes.
    Death from above 1979.
    Tom Vek.
    Kerbdog.

And the obvious ones:

Bloc Party.
    Interpol.
    Kaiser chiefs.
    Futureheads.
    The bravery.
    The Killers.

Oh, and I will be the happiest man in the world when I hear "Blue Monday" live by New Order, and Payback by James Brown.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭JimboPope

Rilo Kiley
    LCD Soundsystem
    Bright Eyes
    The Go! Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Make sure to see Queens Of The Stone Age, incredible band on and off stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

qz wrote:
    Make sure to see Queens Of The Stone Age, incredible band on and off stage.

Amen.
    THE greatest band in the world, revolving door policy is their only negative, you never see the same band twice... I haven't anyway!

Also see Rodrigo y Gabriela (amazing guitarists), Mundy, The Frames (brilliant entertainers and a right auld irish laugh), The Killers, The Prodigy, Snoop Dogg, Foo Fighters, Ian Brown, Feeder and Audioslave. That's my weekend mapped out, I just hope none of them clash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Go and see The Go! Team, The Bravery, Death From Above 1979, and yourcodenameis:milo.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

Interpol and New Order. to hell with the rest of them.

I suppose Queens of the Stone Age too but they just havent been that great since Nick left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

You have to see Audioslave if you like metal - they're doing RATM covers at the moment - so they're UNMISSABLE

Also, the Saw Doctors are fantastic craic, they're well worth seeing, particularly if you're half-cut already.

Saw New Order last week - they were absolutely crap - completely failed to connect with the crowd and came across as a shower of arrogant ****. Left after 10 mins to see Queens of the Stone Age who really were rather good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Sylvia Saint and also on the new band stage i think i will chech out nine black alps. we all know the main and second stage bands so no need to recomend anyone there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you'll love biffy clyro i guarantee it.

also see.

yourcodenameis:milo
    brendan benson
    bloc party
    the futureheads.

wish i was going to see biffy but i've no money and have seen them twice this year already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

yea biffy clyro are really good.

also
    the editors
    tom vek
    death from above..
    jimmy chamberlain

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Queens Of the Stone Age - Slane Castle = f***ing good times, hopefully theyll be the same this year although new album is'nt great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

GreenDay
    The Prodigy
    Flogging Molly
    yourcodenameis:milo
    Foo Fighters
    The Killers
    The Streets
    Feeder
    Jimmy Eat World
    Fightstar (no matter what feelings I have about them, they're undeniably catchy...)
    Death From Above 1979

Some bands on there I'm really lookin' forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

****e i forgot jimmy eat world were playing aswell.

dammit now i really really really want to go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rod y gab,tara blaise,
    that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Saw New Order last week - they were absolutely crap - completely failed to connect with the crowd and came across as a shower of arrogant ****. Left after 10 mins to see Queens of the Stone Age who really were rather good.

Did they play "blue Monday", and was it at the start of the set or the end?

I dont really want to watch the whole set........

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

If I were you
    Doves
    Rodrigo y Gabriela
    Kerbdog
    Ian brown
    James Brown

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

what days are rob y gab and the magic numbers playing?

Advertisement