Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

its coming! Google Nexus 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

well hopefully this is it! I,m sure there will be a few tweaks before the actual product is reality, I cant wait!:D

http://bgr.com/2014/09/11/google-nexus-9-release-date/

Time to finally put my old iPad 2 to bed methinks....

Any launch dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭droidman123

Zipppy wrote: »
    Time to finally put my old iPad 2 to bed methinks....

Any launch dates?

October seems to be the main rumour doing the rounds,but the word in the street is the last quarter, that could mean October/November.I guess they would want it launched in time for the Christmas market,and android L is supposed to be out in October,so as usual,any new nexus will be launched with the new update.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dammit. Had my mind made up to buy an Nvidia Shield Tablet, this could make me hold off.

Dammit. Had my mind made up to buy an Nvidia Shield Tablet, this could make me hold off.

You could wait until the new nexus is launched then compare them before making up your mind.if all the rumours are true about the new nexus,it will be a beast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

So excited for this device!

• Advertisement

Bit of an update

m.theepochtimes.com/n3/956211-nexus-9-nexus-8-htc-volantis-rumors-release-date-nexus-7-tablets-out-of-stock-in-google-play-store/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

Ya gotta love all those "Christian today" "epoch times" and "Indian international news" that Google now post for us.

I never realised that Christian today were so interested in Google product!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I used to think it was just me inadvertently reading a story on one of those sites one day which is why Google+ continued to pester me with stories from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I just did a little sex wee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

If this is announced on Oct 8th like the rumours suggest, has anyone any idea as to when it will become available on the Irish Google Play store? Are these things usually available for pre-order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

If this is announced on Oct 8th like the rumours suggest, has anyone any idea as to when it will become available on the Irish Google Play store? Are these things usually available for pre-order?

Who's reporting the 8th as a possible launch date ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

beno619 wrote: »
    Who's reporting the 8th as a possible launch date ?

HTC are holding a press event on October the 8th, so it stands to reason that this device could possibly be launched.

My question isn't specific to that date though, I'm just wondering, when it is eventually announced, how long it would take to become available for purchase or preorder here.

HTC are holding a press event on October the 8th, so it stands to reason that this device could possibly be launched.

My question isn't specific to that date though, I'm just wondering, when it is eventually announced, how long it would take to become available for purchase or preorder here.

I,m guessing it will be on the playstore as soon as its launched.hopefully the days of waiting for months for pc world etc to get stock are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Doubtful. I read that it was gonna be about some Go-Pro style of standalone camera they are bringing out, and possibly the US launch of their first 64bit phone, Desire 820.
    Anyway, aren't Nexus devices usually launched at Google events rather than OEM events?

This won't happen, Nexus devices are always launched by Google near Halloween not by the OEM.

http://tktechnews.com/2014/09/15/nexus-devices-coming-october-7-8-or-9th/

Looks like there are plenty of goodies on the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Looks like there are plenty of goodies on the way :)[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a budget and a premium Nexus device.

Can't wait for the 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭corkie

Paul O’Brien, a trusted voice in the Android community, suggested that Nexus 9 could launch on October 16. It’s important to take this info with a grain of salt, as its provenience is murky. According to O’Brien, the source is an “anonymous tipster” which could mean that this alleged release date...

http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-9-release-date-paul-o-brien-527076/

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Other articles appearing over last 24 hours speculating a release early/mid October.
    I'm looking to upgrade from the last N7 and have narrowed it down to the Xiaomi MiPad, Nvidia shield tablet or the new Nexus. Just need confirmation on Nexus pricing/spec/availability. Ideally want to keep all on Nexus/vanilla android, much easier when all your devices are on same OS version and skin.

Might have to set aside some of this months wages for a Nexus tablet. :)

• Advertisement

Other articles appearing over last 24 hours speculating a release early/mid October.
    I'm looking to upgrade from the last N7 and have narrowed it down to the Xiaomi MiPad, Nvidia shield tablet or the new Nexus. Just need confirmation on Nexus pricing/spec/availability. Ideally want to keep all on Nexus/vanilla android, much easier when all your devices are on same OS version and skin.

I'm in the exact same boat.

Can't wait until my Nexus 7 gets Android L but ideally I want a brand new tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

Are we talking about a replacement for the nexus7 or the nexus 10 or is there one unit replacing both of them? I'd say a 9 inch tablet replacing both of them would be great. Either way confusion abounds.

emo72 wrote: »
    Are we talking about a replacement for the nexus7 or the nexus 10 or is there one unit replacing both of them? I'd say a 9 inch tablet replacing both of them would be great. Either way confusion abounds.

I *think* there's gonna be a larger Nexus 8 to replace the Nexus 7 and a slightly smaller Nexus 9 to replace the Nexus 10.

Except budget pricing for the Nexus 8 and iPad-esque pricing with the Nexus 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Speculation and rumours the tablet will be 8 to 9 inches and replace both current N7 and N10.
    There was talk of a large tablet, 12 inch plus, which might appeal in the enterprise space as a laptop/iPad replacement and compete with the MS Surface. I liked HTC hardware in the past but was let down by poor support and updates. A Nexus and HTC collaboration would be appealing. Reckon we'll only see one new tablet and wouldn't be surprised if prices rise.

Also talk of the new nexus phone possibly coming in two screen sizes. Phablet size is a lot more popular in Asia compared to USA where smaller screens lead.

The new kindle bundles launched in USA by Amazon yesterday will I predict capture most of the demand for 6-7 inch screens, especially the kids version.

I *think* there's gonna be a larger Nexus 8 to replace the Nexus 7 and a slightly smaller Nexus 9 to replace the Nexus 10.

Except budget pricing for the Nexus 8 and iPad-esque pricing with the Nexus 9.

So two tablets identical except in price? Unless the 9 is of much better spec....

I reckon it'll still work out cheaper than an iPad....I hope anyway!

SuperOito wrote: »
    So two tablets identical except in price? Unless the 9 is of much better spec....

I reckon it'll still work out cheaper than an iPad....I hope anyway!

Definitely will be cheaper than a crApple iPad!

I'm hoping for 2 tablets with one of them keeping the Nexus 7 price tag.

Going on holiday again soon so I'd like to hope it'd be cheaper so I could get it! :pac:

Super super excited for Android L though!

Looks like only another couple of weeks or so before we get something concrete.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/10/rumor-new-htc-google-nexus-9-tablet-to-be-sold-at-amazon.html

I hope this pic is true, it looks superb,can't wait to get my hands on it :)

http://mashable.com/2014/10/06/htc-nexus-9-leaked-image/

• Advertisement

I hope this pic is true, it looks superb,can't wait to get my hands on it :)

http://mashable.com/2014/10/06/htc-nexus-9-leaked-image/

It just looks like a flattened out Nexus 7 that someone's added a flash and a HTC logo to!

My guess is it's fake.

Advertisement