Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G3 Availability in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 qezep

Ya, I was trying to tell ya not to believe me. This website needs a wider range of emoticons.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Briksins

I finally decide to go for "OnePlus One". Already order it.
    Everything together it cost me ~400€ for Black 64GB version. it is for 200€ cheaper to LG G3 for the same specs.
    You can potentially got it even cheaper if:
    1) not gonna buy invite, but get it from OnePlus for free (I got it for 50€ on ebay from Irish guy)
    2) not order from UK, but from another EU country (keep in mind they don't do shipping to Ireland by some reason, so i had to use 3d party service to re-ship it from UK (actually from Northern Ireland, they do delivery there as it is UK part - service is: parcelmotel.com)

here is very good review with unboxing youtube.com/watch?v=xGUtBv2kbKE

P.S. What should i do to get permission to post links? this unreasonable block is kind of annoying, im not bot and not posting any ads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Do you need invite to buy the fish n chips phone? Eglobal have it shipped for 350 64gb

haahhah "fish n chips" phone.... c'mon don't be like that! brand sign is not always mean good device. Most of the time it is still the same thing, but with logo and cost more. Especially in hardware and electronics.
    Nor LG, nor HTC nor OnePlus develop hardware, they buy parts from others, CPU is everywhere the same SnapDragon 801, RAM from some Taiwan company and so on... all they do is just combine all those parts together and stamp it with their brand. for this stamp pay extra 200€ is unreasonable i think. especially when the price will drop on 50% in next 6 month, and after anotehr 6 month there will be new G4 and Samsung Galaxy XXXX....
    Regarding Eglobal - i think they have not true version of oneplus. There was official thread on OnePlus forum, where admins were explaining the difference, it is the same HW, but not the same OS and doesn't have OnePlus warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Briksins wrote: »
    I finally decide to go for "OnePlus One". Already order it.
    Everything together it cost me ~400€ for Black 64GB version. it is for 200€ cheaper to LG G3 for the same specs.
    You can potentially got it even cheaper if:
    1) not gonna buy invite, but get it from OnePlus for free (I got it for 50€ on ebay from Irish guy)
    2) not order from UK, but from another EU country (keep in mind they don't do shipping to Ireland by some reason, so i had to use 3d party service to re-ship it from UK (actually from Northern Ireland, they do delivery there as it is UK part - service is: parcelmotel.com)

here is very good review with unboxing youtube.com/watch?v=xGUtBv2kbKE

P.S. What should i do to get permission to post links? this unreasonable block is kind of annoying, im not bot and not posting any ads

Looks a good phone on paper, but you could be waiting a while and they're a new company, so I'm not willing to take a chance with a new Chinese company with phone support and returns etc.
    Much rather save myself €100 and get the G2 ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Well i normally take chances on stuff like that cause i like quirky different phones hence why i went for g flex and your right names dont mean jack sure one of the worst best money spent on a phone was 80 for a huwaii y300 great little back up while waiting 3 weeks for the nexus 5...anyway lets know how your fish n chips phone works out when you get it ....ill have me g3 later today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Depends where you look for it was gone from eglobal last time i looked still around 350 400 sterling ive one for sale at moment 3 weeks old in box but no interest in it really as i dont think to many people know of them

Patww79 wrote: »
    It is not a joke what to sell product, think yourself how would you coop with such high demand if you would be an business owner? They are just kind of "kick starter" startup and not comparable to Samsung manufacturing power. They simply can't supply millions phone in one click like Samsung does. So invites system was the way how to limit amount of orders! and fair plate to them that they didn't start accepting orders and money just for a sake of getting rich! they did honest trade and take money only when they can provide gods in return.

What is more, internet already full of invites. I bought invite for 50€ in 1 minute time once I made my final decision that im going for OnePlus and not G3. Invite is not a problem for those who really want to buy. even with extra 50€ for an invite, this phone is still cheaper than any other phone with similar HW.

To moggser:
    Yes sure, ill update you once i get my "Fish & Chips" phone hahhaha
    love your sarcasm :)

• Advertisement

Ha. Ask ya granny what a one +one is ya will see ha

heh I dont think that my granny would know as im not Irish nor she is :) so u better explain here what is "one +one"

Ha ok well a one'n one is or was known as a fish n chips if ya went to your chipper and asked for it back n the day

I asked few Irish guys at work, they never heard of it :) but they are not granny's tho :) hahah
    anyway thnx for clarification.

P.S. now my wife start looking at LG G3, it looks like i will still not avoid that purchase for 600 :( damn LG
    how could they be Samsung killer with such price?

Ha ha well yeah sure i only know it cause i was told when i was a young fella....go to eglobal if your wife wants it save few euro 500 for the 32 gb and they keep dropping the price

but it is not only 500, also import tax
    so the final amount still will be around ~600
    however there is a good chance to be lucky and not be spotted at Irish customs :)

did u order you G3 from them? how long was delivery overall? 2 weeks? more? and was u billed for import?

Ive ordered 4 time from them and never got taxed all tho they say they will refund you and have done to other users on here when they ship takes 2~3 days for instance my g3 shipped yesterday and is already in dublin and on way to me as we speak so all in all i wont ever get a phone from anywhere else bar there

sounds like a good review of that eglobe

regarding refund, sorry im not sure I fully got what u mean - did u mean that "they promise to give you refund if you will be taxed"? so even if you will be taxed for import they will return it?

Exactly:)

That's brilliant! Its like being insured against being caught for tax avasion

• Advertisement

Kinda sorta but not really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im sitting on the fence about getting a g3, really like the look of it but how does it perform in comparison to say an s5?

im sitting on the fence about getting a g3, really like the look of it but how does it perform in comparison to say an s5?
    depend on about which model u are talking about
    There are 2 G3 models, main difference is RAM and Storage
    16GB is 2GB of RAM
    32GB is 3GB of RAM

If you take 3GB of ram, it is performing faster than S5, if lower model, then Samsung is faster
    just google for benchmark results and you will see

BTW my "Fish and Chips" performing faster then G3 with 3B of RAM :P

everything ive read tells me that performance wise the s5 is quicker, even against the 3gb g3, do you have some benchmarks? i really like the g3 and its amazing screen but i love silky smooth performance, arggggg decisions!!!!

everything ive read tells me that performance wise the s5 is quicker, even against the 3gb g3, do you have some benchmarks? i really like the g3 and its amazing screen but i love silky smooth performance, arggggg decisions!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=CTxehFharrI

You can see benchmark results against other phones in this vid. I doubt you could notice the speed difference of 5%. One this is, I doubt he had his phones full of apps so 3GB phones might perform better if he did. Also later on when you have lots of new android updates.

This is the comparison I was interested in:

i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/122711-thumb/screen-to-size11.png

would there be any trouble using say a german 32gb g3 here in ireland? really think im just going to get a g3, had an s3 before so id like something different, would getting it insured be easy enough?

i really like the g3 and its amazing screen but i love silky smooth performance, arggggg decisions!!!!

hahah man those benchmark number are for the gigs, plus / minus thousand here and there doesn't make any noticeable change for the user. It is anyway works smoothly in any case

Tho im fan of Samsung and with them since first Galaxy until 4 and I should say their software is not the best and has enough glitches.... dont know how is the situation with LG soft

in any case whether u decide to go for G3 lower or higher model or for samsung you will get smooth experience and those benchmark numbers just to measure how long is your d**k

Also dont forger that LG has QHD display and Samsung does not, it is mean LG have to process x2 more data to output it on the screen, however it score is not half of SGS5, it delay just a bit. and 3GB version is ahead of SGS5
    go for 3GB ram model and you will be at the TOP

obviously after mine :) OnePlus One is biting G3 with 3GB hahah

Briksins wrote: »
    hahah man those benchmark number are for the gigs, plus / minus thousand here and there doesn't make any noticeable change for the user. It is anyway works smoothly in any case

Tho im fan of Samsung and with them since first Galaxy until 4 and I should say their software is not the best and has enough glitches.... dont know how is the situation with LG soft

in any case whether u decide to go for G3 lower or higher model or for samsung you will get smooth experience and those benchmark numbers just to measure how long is your d**k

Also dont forger that LG has QHD display and Samsung does not, it is mean LG have to process x2 more data to output it on the screen, however it score is not half of SGS5, it delay just a bit. and 3GB version is ahead of SGS5
    go for 3GB ram model and you will be at the TOP

obviously after mine :) OnePlus One is biting G3 with 3GB hahah

you have a g3 yeah? if you dont mind me asking, where did you get it from? i know mobicity.co.uk sell them but i dont know much about the site, is there a more reputable site?

I dont have G3, i was considering it, but decide to go for "OnePlus One"
    as it is the same specs as G3, has a bit better camera and bit G3 in benchmark however cost less then G3 for 200Euro

the cheapest place to by G3 is eglobe website (500 euro curently), if you go back few pages and read moggser you will understand....

• Advertisement

I got super excited about the OnePlus One when I heard about it. Love the idea of the CyanogenMod OS being so customisable. The reviews of it being a bit glitchy turned me off though. The issues with it seem minor but I tend to overreact to those small things!

Advertisement