Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G3 Availability in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,676 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

qezep wrote: »
    handtec.co.uk - in my first post

€680 They have a fairly reasonable price for the 2GB version.

Id say you could get it cheaper on amazon.de but you cant order directly from amazon you have to click for the other dealers. Im not too fond of that. It worked out for nursewally tho

That's a pretty steep price when the G2 can be got so cheaply.

Review would be nice, especially opinion on the screen, battery and camera.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 49 qezep

beardo81 wrote: »
    So are you going to be giving us a detailed boards.ie review?? :D

Well for one thing I've got a second battery ordered. I think ill need it! Its the first day I've had it so its been through heavy enough use and its lasted the day - barely. But obviously that's going to get worse so I reckon eventually I might need a spare. I wouldn't mind having it in my wallet

The headphones are quality. Surprisingly good.

I really like the knock code thing. And its necessary as the power button is on the back. If a phone was lying on a desk often you would press the power button without lifting the phone. No doing that with the power button on the back.

Very good viewing angles. It has that printed paper look.

I didn't realise it came with an IR blaster but its a good addition. I just clicked sony and I could control my tv.

There's an interesting feature with certain apps where you can have one app on the top of the screen and another on the bottom. Kinda like windows 8. If viber and whatsapp introduced compatibility for it a chat/browser mix might be useful sometimes.

There might be a few compatibility problems with the QHD display. Its pretty minor but it took a few hours to find a decent clock widget. They were all missing bits or too tiny. I got this one called "Make Your Clock Widget" where you can design your clock yourself or download templates and edit them. My current setup: i.imgur.com/jeFwNDy.png
    I think my current battery life in that pic is appropriate

That's a pretty steep price when the G2 can be got so cheaply.

Review would be nice, especially opinion on the screen, battery and camera.

The cameras good. I was surprised that all the new functions work as advertised. Super clear pics. It has an unfair advantage over other phones, though, as it has a display that can actually show its photos off

FYI You can turn the display off by double tapping the notification bar. Which is great cos I didn't like picking up the phone to get to the power button.

Also you can set it so holding down the home button opens dolphin internet browser no matter what's currently open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 mankydogg

Really can't understand how no irish network are going to stock this phone. My contract is up in the next couple of weeks. Would really like to get this phone on billpay but might be forced to have to go for the HTC One M8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Its because there is no demand for them.. only option is eglobal i know some people had bad experience with them i havent and ive ordered trice from them and im about to go again for the G3 as price it is i cant let it go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

Where do egobal ship from? Do you get caught with customs? Was gonna order 32gb one from Handtec probable but it's €640 v's €502 on eGlobal, bit of a difference!!

They ship from china and i never got caught with customs and if ya do get caught they refund you eventually as others have said on the g2 thread

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Briksins

Moggser are you talking about eglobalcentral.eu ? never heard of this shop, is it good? checked and trusted?

I'm in the same boat, my contract ends 1st of August and there are no G3 on contract anywhere :(
    more over all contracts switched now on 18/24 month, where i'm still on old one - 12 month, what is more offers on pre-pay are much better then contract. Everything goes to buy SIM-free phone, but 600€ straight from the pocket in one lump... ehhhh

that eglobalcentral.eu offer price of 499.99€ for 32Gb with 3GB of RAM but how much will be import tax?
    Does anyone know exact info?
    Would love to buy one in a week time
    Also i Google feedback on that eglobe... not fantastic i should say...
    reviewcentre.com/Online-Camera-Shops/eGlobaL-Digital-Store-www-eglobaldigitalstore-co-uk-reviews_1825903?time=twelve&ratingfilter=0#refineYourSearch

qezep, please more reviews and feedback, you are using phone now for few days, tells us more about it please :)

• Advertisement

Yeah thats the one ive never had prob with the site at all what so ever others have tho

moggser wrote: »
    Yeah thats the one ive never had prob with
    and import tax? you mention u never paid? is it cause u were lucky and never get caught?
    or they send items some how in tricky way? like declare it value bellow 100€?
    People on that feedback site mention that they have it clearly mentioned in their T&C (i didnt check it yet)

So the question is how much would it be on top of 499 if u get caught with customs and will have to pay import tax?

Also is there any difference in the model in Asia and EU?

I never got caught and also they label eberything as low oriced camera or battery parts thats the thing... suppose thats why they say they refund it they will tell you that themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I got the 16gb version from Amazon. Have it about a week now. Have to say I'm impressed so far. Great screen and Camera. Love the knock code thing.

I would say that the battery will only just about get you through a day though. That's the price you pay for a QHD screen I suppose. With a removable battery that shouldn't be an issue though.

How long roughly do you get eg from 7-7 or shorter as the g2 was fantastic and the g flex im currently using is just as good

How long roughly do you get eg from 7-7 or shorter as the g2 was fantastic and the g flex im currently using is just as good

I've been using mine casually and its lasted 3 days. When I got it first it lasted about 12 hours. Both times it lasted 4 hours of screen-on time.

QUOTE]
    ..that's good enough for me well 12 hours is kinda what i expect from them these days ... have you tried to see if its waterproof yet saw video on youtube of some lad tossing it in sink of water

Ehh still too expensive... 600 for the same hardware as "OnePlus One" which even with limitation of invites you can buy just for 350-400 euro
    pay over 200 euro just for brand name and knok-knok system, I still cant make final decision :(

I went for it from eglobal cause im a mad bastard like that... you should too you wont regret it..oneplusone pfffft:)

• Advertisement

oneplusone pfffft:)
    hey hey hey??!!? what's wrong with it? :D
    you dont like it?
    No, seriously, it has the same hardware specs as G3...
    ah ok screen is not QHD, but i consider it as a plus rather than minus, as it will reduce battery drain.
    Camera of 1+ is better if compare the actual photos of G3 and 1+, just search the web
    From that point it is extra 250€ on top, the question is for what? Brand and Design? Design of 1+ is also not bad, tho i do accept the fact that i like G3 more
    but 250 euro... is it worth?

Anyway let me know when u get it, would love to hear how much import would u pay, or would you at all? Also the condition of the phone and the main question is there any difference between Asian and EU G3 versions?

I did say pffffffttt :)yeah i will do hopefully few days time.. save a few sheckles on eglobel 500 for 32 gb hopefully no import been very lucky thus far

Said loolaaa

Hmmmm... Its nice to see that its a little waterproof. I cant see the back cover being waterproof. I'm suspicious it was just a bit of surface tension that kept the water out. I wonder what would happen if it was submersed without the back cover.

Try it:-)

yeah, we wait :) hahhah

Checks out, its perfectly waterproof! Were all set for some great underwater photography!

No one does steam tests. Id say condensation would get under the back cover and mess things up pretty fast.

Ya didnt your hooooooop check it ha ha pics of gtfo

Ya didnt your hooooooop check it ha ha pics of gtfo

Ya, I put that second post up mostly in case someone trusted me. I would have felt very bad. Im sure ill test it by accident at some point. May as well wait till then

• Advertisement

Lol im not saying i dont believe ya ill just say ill reserve judgement till all the facts are in

Advertisement