Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Note 3

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I just got a firmware update on my Note 3.
    I noticed the download booster in the settings. Anyone knew of any other changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I just got a firmware update on my Note 3.
    I noticed the download booster in the settings. Anyone knew of any other changes.

GPS switch is now hidden under location settings. A few other minor changes but nothing major. The download booster seems a bit gimmicky to me but perhaps some will have use for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I got this update several weeks ago. Another feature is the virtual tour mode in the camera settings.

Hey guys I know it was a long time ago now but can anyone remember the case that was recommended near the beginning of the thread, it was from amazon, it was roughly £6.99 and I think the brand sounded German.
    I'm not being lazy, I speed read as far as page 62 but I obviously missed the post.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hey guys I know it was a long time ago now but can anyone remember the case that was recommended near the beginning of the thread, it was from amazon, it was roughly £6.99 and I think the brand sounded German.
    I'm not being lazy, I speed read as far as page 62 but I obviously missed the post.
    Cheers.

Spigen maybe?

• Advertisement

Spigen maybe?

No not Spigen, cheers anyway.
    From memory it was something like ringe but I could be way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Ringke do a few Note 3 cases. Not tried one so can't comment. I use the Spigen NeoHybrid and would heartily reccomend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys what version of Android is everyone running ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys what version of Android is everyone running ?

Running 4.4.2

Got a firmware update earlier this week.

Now running Baseband Version N9005XXUGNG1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

scout353 wrote: »
    Running 4.4.2

Thank you. I got that update today and wanted to see was I late to the party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I anyone else's GPS acting up after the latest firmware update? Emobile btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Running 4.4.2

Haven't gotten (or checked for) any update recently. Also running 4.4.2 but Baseband N9005XXUENC2
    dorgasm wrote: »
    I anyone else's GPS acting up after the latest firmware update? Emobile btw.
    Haven't updated - but ever since the last update my phone is randomly forgetting my wi-fi settings causing me to have to root out the password and type it in again and again. Could happen twice in 3 days, or not for 2 weeks. Blummin annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

That wifi password thing was very annoying. Im on NG1 and haven't lost the password yet.

Top Dog wrote: »
    Haven't gotten (or checked for) any update recently. Also running 4.4.2 but Baseband N9005XXUENC2

Haven't updated - but ever since the last update my phone is randomly forgetting my wi-fi settings causing me to have to root out the password and type it in again and again. Could happen twice in 3 days, or not for 2 weeks. Blummin annoying!

That's very annoying, happened to me before. So I started copying all Wifi ssid and passcodes into a Google Keep note so it's easy to copy&paste if it ever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not just me then, that bugs the crap out of me. :(

has anyone tried any different firmwares on their note 3? if so what would be the best one to use instead of the stock?

have it rooted already, so just need to find a good firmware to see if i can improve the crappy battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

vibe666 wrote: »
    has anyone tried any different firmwares on their note 3? if so what would be the best one to use instead of the stock?

have it rooted already, so just need to find a good firmware to see if i can improve the crappy battery life.

I'm using CM11 (July snapshot) which is not brilliant due to a couple of bugs, but battery is good. I also use BatteryGuru by Snapdragon which I think helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Running 4.4.2

Has anyone successfully rooted this version?
    Seems like it gets very complicated with needing to flash Kernels which I'd be a little nervous about.

Also is there anyway to change dns on kitkat, there doesn't seem to be the modify setting there is on other devices and on other operating systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone know the cheapest place to get one of these sim free? should be a bit of a cut now after the note 4 coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Does anyone know if my phone is the BTU firmware does that mean it's unlocked ? Looking to sell mine for note 4 and don't have another Sim to test. Thanks

• Advertisement

Anybody else just get a software update from eMobile? The download is stuck so can't tell what it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

Anybody else just get a software update from eMobile? The download is stuck so can't tell what it is.

I got one around 2 weeks ago from 3. I was already on 4.4.2 and still am so I don't know what it was. Around 85mb

I got one around 2 weeks ago from 3. I was already on 4.4.2 and still am so I don't know what it was. Around 85mb

Hmmm, mine has started downloading again. It's 189.67MB, so a large enough update. It's a software update too, usually if I haven't heard of an impending update, it's firmware. Will post here when it's installed.

Thanks, but no thanks. I have everything to do with Knox frozen and disabled so this will probably just cause me headaches.

328936.png

^^^ That update came out months ago, or it did for my Note?
    The virtual camera mode is pretty cool

I got a software update on my phone about 2 weeks ago, but there was no changelog and nothing seems different

Nforce wrote: »
    ^^^ That update came out months ago, or it did for my Note?
    The virtual camera mode is pretty cool

I got a software update on my phone about 2 weeks ago, but there was no changelog and nothing seems different

What network are you with? I'm with eMobile, have it checking for updates automatically.

Sim free..on 48

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Don't know if it's just the horrible weather, but is anyone else having problems getting a GPS lock atm?

Just noticed it yesterday for the first time, but can't seem to get a lock, it's a real PITA when trying to find premises I'm not familiar with in town. :mad:

Don't know if it's just the horrible weather, but is anyone else having problems getting a GPS lock atm?

Just noticed it yesterday for the first time, but can't seem to get a lock, it's a real PITA when trying to find premises I'm not familiar with in town. :mad:

I've had terrible trouble with GPS for the past few months. It regularly gives me a lock in Turkey for some reason. The guided navigation is basically useless now on my phone too, it doesn't move with the car.

One thing you could try is taking off the back cover and tightening the top right screw. The GPS antenna is located directly underneath and it supposedly helps some people. Or one step further again if that doesn't help, unscrew the plastic piece found underneath the back cover and you'll find two little prongs on the top right of the phone. Pry them outwards a small bit to ensure they're connecting with the metal contacts of the GPS antenna. Sorry if that sounds like rubbish, hard to write an explanation. I'm sure there's Youtube videos on it.

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea of when the official roll out of Android Lollipop to the Note 3 will be happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Anyone any idea of when the official roll out of Android Lollipop to the Note 3 will be happening?

No, but there's a leaked version on XDA. I've been running it for a few weeks with no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I've had terrible trouble with GPS for the past few months. It regularly gives me a lock in Turkey for some reason. The guided navigation is basically useless now on my phone too, it doesn't move with the car.

One thing you could try is taking off the back cover and tightening the top right screw. The GPS antenna is located directly underneath and it supposedly helps some people. Or one step further again if that doesn't help, unscrew the plastic piece found underneath the back cover and you'll find two little prongs on the top right of the phone. Pry them outwards a small bit to ensure they're connecting with the metal contacts of the GPS antenna. Sorry if that sounds like rubbish, hard to write an explanation. I'm sure there's Youtube videos on it.

I actually resolved the issue myself, I deleted a few apps I had installed lately (including a few star map apps that required gps accees) starting from ones I had downloaded mid-life week.

Went outside, and low and behold, locked onto gps in about 25 secs.

Not sure what app was the problem exactly, but it's a pita these things can mess up one of the most vital functions of your phone.

I actually resolved the issue myself, I deleted a few apps I had installed lately (including a few star map apps that required gps accees) starting from ones I had downloaded mid-life week.

Went outside, and low and behold, locked onto gps in about 25 secs.

Not sure what app was the problem exactly, but it's a pita these things can mess up one of the most vital functions of your phone.

Oh that's very handy. Which apps did you delete? Might try the same myself cos my GPS is finally just plain broken. Even doing the stuff I mentioned above won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Just installed 5.0 on my note 3. Not a bad upgrade. battery life stable all in all quite happy with it. GPS locking is fine. No wakelocks, camera ok. email and everything working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Is it difficult to do manually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Anyone tried any of the Cyanogenmod 12 nightlies yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

What's the best way to root at the moment?
    I've tried towel root but no luck. Does anyone recommend a root method that always flashes a custom recovery?

BrookieD wrote: »
    Just installed 5.0 on my note 3. Not a bad upgrade. battery life stable all in all quite happy with it. GPS locking is fine. No wakelocks, camera ok. email and everything working fine.

Just trying it for the first time today. Not bad. A few slight changes but in general still the same. Hate the new task switcher. It's way over cluttered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Sammobile has the official Russian 5.0 build for the Note 3 available now:

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/01/28/update-your-galaxy-note-3-russia-to-android-5-0-lollipop/

Don't understand why the Note 3 released before the Note 4, can only assume latter is getting 5.0.1 whereas this seems to be 5.0

Downloading it now but its 1.2GB and taking an age.

Anyone know if there will be any issues installing the Russian build onto an Irish Vodafone Note 3?

Thanks

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/01/28/update-your-galaxy-note-3-russia-to-android-5-0-lollipop/

Don't understand why the Note 3 released before the Note 4, can only assume latter is getting 5.0.1 whereas this seems to be 5.0

Anyone know if there will be any issues installing the Russian build onto an Irish Vodafone Note 3?

Thanks

I'm wondering is there any improvement in it over the leak we got a couple of weeks back ?

• Advertisement

Thanks

This update appears to be for the N900 as opposed to the N9005, which is what Ireland would have.

anyone tried to get a note 3 unlocked recently?

i've tried a few online places, but each one has told me (after taking my money and leaving me waiting) that the *system* they all use (globally) to unlock samsungs via imei no. has been down since before xmas and they have no idea when it will be back up. :(

vibe666 wrote: »
    anyone tried to get a note 3 unlocked recently?

i've tried a few online places, but each one has told me (after taking my money and leaving me waiting) that the *system* they all use (globally) to unlock samsungs via imei no. has been down since before xmas and they have no idea when it will be back up. :(

I'm waiting on 2 Samsung codes since before Xmas. No sign of the servers to come online yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Does my Note 3 need to be rooted to be able to install Lollipop (from the XDA forum)?
    Have followed all instructions (>80% power, USB Debugging & Download mode) but Odin just tells me "0 success, 0 failure" when I hit "Start"...
    If it needs to be rooted, then I'll wait for the official roll-out - not going to take a chance on trying to get SkyGo to operate on a rooted device...
    Any ideas?

Does my Note 3 need to be rooted to be able to install Lollipop (from the XDA forum)?
    Have followed all instructions (>80% power, USB Debugging & Download mode) but Odin just tells me "0 success, 0 failure" when I hit "Start"...
    If it needs to be rooted, then I'll wait for the official roll-out - not going to take a chance on trying to get SkyGo to operate on a rooted device...
    Any ideas?

Did you go into download mode? Your phone must be in download mode ( when phone is off, hold power + home + volume down key to access it.) Odin should pick it up then, it might take a few minutes to install the drivers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Download mode was OK. I solved it by reinstalling the drivers (thru Kies). Lollipopping along here now. So far, so good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Has Lollipop been officially released on some of the networks around Europe? It looks like it has. I thought it was only a leak up until now

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Has Lollipop been officially released on some of the networks around Europe? It looks like it has. I thought it was only a leak up until now

Yep, have it installed on my old Note 3 - 5.0.0 - Official Samsung build. Available on Vodafone UK so can be downloaded from sammobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Just updated to the official Polish unbranded version of lollipop. Don't really notice a huge difference, maybe cause I use nova launcher. Any major differences?

I'm waiting on 2 Samsung codes since before Xmas. No sign of the servers to come online yet.

Did you ever get them?

I was told by unlock river that the servers are back up again, but they still couldn't unlock mine, they said they kept failing to generate the code but didn't know why it was failing. :(

Trying Dr unlock now, but not holding out much hope. Not sure what to do. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement