Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Societies

Options
  • 04-09-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Was down in Waterford today registering and all the societies seem to be pretty much sport based? Are there any music societies or is it just the list that was on that one page?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Oh theres a good few yeah. There will be a day maybe next week, where they all have like little stalls and you can sign up for stuff. Go onto the WIT site and look for clubs/societies section might help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

FirePoi wrote: »
    Was down in Waterford today registering and all the societies seem to be pretty much sport based? Are there any music societies or is it just the list that was on that one page?

I think the clubs and societies day is the 22nd this year. Third week of college basically. I think the new one on the scene this year will be the hot beverage appreciation society.

Theres a good mix most years.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

the hot beverage appreciation society.

Is that true? :D

Brilliant.

First thing they should do is get the cost of a cup of Tea/Coffee down to a student on a budget acceptable price. 50 cent sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

Is that true? :D

Brilliant.

First thing they should do is get the cost of a cup of Tea/Coffee down to a student on a budget acceptable price. 50 cent sounds good.

Thats what I heard anyway. I think its more for meeting up and trying different hot beverages, handy if you were new to college and wanted to meet some people I'd imagine. Or just need a break from study without getting wasted.

I think 1.05 for a tea is affordable but then again we're all on different budgets. Maybe contact the students union if you think its unfair?

Advertisement