Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was Jim Right?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Spacedog wrote: »
    Jim is still slightly ahead in the poll, I set it to 5 days.

*strokes invisible beard

hmmmmmmmmmm.
    Im sure Jim will find a conspiracy as to why this vote was set for 5 days, 5 being the number of working days in a week, working sounds a bit like coathanger , a coathanger is shaped like a triangle , 3 points to a triangle ,
    Irelande nul points . The eurovision is part of their plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

I think he was right, although still a bit too soon to tell. We need to wait another couple of years to see what Jim has predicted unfold. Pat Condell had a similar viewpoint, with is less conspiracy orientated and more directly to the core of the issue.. worth a watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Yes damn those rich German's lending us money to keep our joke of a country running.

Really? The 'Germans' are lending us money?
    They're 'bailing us out'; to use the common misnomer?
    I rather got the impression that we are in fact being 'lent' money by the EU/ECB/IMF so that we can put it through our 'banks'/erstwhile private institutions/ie now our state, in order to pay off the debt that they/now 'we' are conveniently deemed to owe, after some shady decisions made by our last government in consultation with the EU/ECB, the details of which Irish citizens aren't deemed worthy of being privy to, to various banks/private instiutions in various countries, including, of course, Germany, so that they can entirely get off the hook for their bad loans and the entire bill, with interest, can be placed on the backs of Irish tax-payers.
    Perhaps, i've misunderstood the situation..
    Glib comments and meekly accepting that the entire blame and burden should fall on our country seems to be the order for many in this country and a lot of commenters here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

I like Andrea Corr - she's seems like a genuine sort but have to say that I find what she says (in the first clip) here regarding religion and her beliefs kind of ironic after hearing what she says (in the second clip) regarding Jim's beliefs:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Well there you have it, turns out Jim was right about everything all along. Mod, can we move to the Politics forum please?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

I heard him say in one interview that Narnia was a real place and that he'd been there many times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

starch4ser wrote: »
    I heard him say in one interview that Narnia was a real place and that he'd been there many times.

Well, if he did say that than it's true according to democracy.
    Mod - thanks to move this thread to the correct forum please.

Advertisement