Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was Jim Right?

• 01-03-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

Jim Corr in Nov 2010 was written off as a batshit insane conspiracy theorist.

Just over a year on, with the European fiscal treaty up in a forthcoming referendum, are Jim's views as outlandish today?

Mod : Move to either Conspiracy Theories or Politics forum depending on the result of the poll.

Was Jim Right? 87 votes

Yeah
    0% 0 votes
    Nah
    58% 51 votes
    Atari VCS with a broken Paddle Controller
    41% 36 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Yes, yes they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

ah. Jim..

a case of far gone, but not far wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

I see Jim has a tricolour in the background, could be a false flag operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Biggins wrote: »
    Whats with the results hidden?

It's to prevent "the man" from accessing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

A broken clock is right twice a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

the man is having a very public mid-life crisis and is attention starved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

sorry for locking the poll results until completion, was messing too much with the options while making it, mods can you share results with all please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

A broken clock is right twice a day.

That's 100% more times then a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Even if he did get something half-right it would be for all the wrong reasons. Poor lad. All those years of being the odd one out has taken a toll. But no doubt his career as a mediocre pop-star has qualified him to see things that most of the world's top political scientists, economists, journalists etc can't see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

'Booms and busts are engineered'

Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I haven't watched the video however you cannot retrospectively reanalyse the situation using information that was not available when the claim was made.

For example: If I say beyond any doubt that an asteroid will destroy Kerry with no evidence to believe that it will and an asteroid actually does come and destroy Kerry I'm still an idiot for saying it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I dont see much wrong with what he said here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

He paints a picture of loads of James Bonds type villans sitting in a room somewhere deviously plotting to enslave the human race.
    in actual fact it's just a load of rich assholes that want more money than they already have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    He paints a picture of loads of James Bonds type villans sitting in a room somewhere deviously plotting to enslave the human race.
    in actual fact it's just a load of rich assholes that want more money than they already have.
    Is there a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I'd say Jim had a field day at his sister's wedding. All the women wearing their lovely hats, Jim wearing his tinfoil one in case the Stonemasons read his mind. He's a crackpot, good for a laugh and the odd **** pop song but nothing else.

NinjaK wrote: »
    Is there a difference?

Yes, the first perspective is a load of clap-trap that reduces his credibility to zero.

"There's a load of rich bankers that want to take over the world and eat your babies"

Oh, fcuk off Jim ye moron.

NinjaK wrote: »
    Is there a difference?

No of course not.

I think Jim Corr needs his own film series like James Bond where he battles millionaires and people he thinks are taking over the world. Could just reuse and recycle Corrs album and song titles for the films. Jim Corr: In Blue where he battles arch nemesis Roman Abramvovich, Jim Corr: Forgiven not Forgotten where he grapples with chief mentaller Saadi Gadaafi, and Jim Corr: Borrowed Heaven/Only When You Sleep where he battles the evil Pope. He has so many ideal villains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

No Jim was not right, Jim by his psychological condition will never be right. Ask yourself why would someone wish to have a European empire, its not like the colonial days when you could move into a place and shoot some locals then exploit that places resources. The world has changed and in Europe democracy is to powerful and so is the flow of information.

Conspiracy theory is nice and comforting, its a belief that everything is in control by some powerful people that nothing happens with-out their behest. But there are random unforeseen events and that will surprise everyone but the conspiracy nuts will explain these away with some masterplan bizarre explanation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

What many people don't seem to realise is that this "new treaty" is mostly just stuff that we already agreed to years ago. The "new treaty" is mainly just saying "er, we'll stick to the rules this time, honest".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

token101 wrote: »
    No of course not.

I think Jim Corr needs his own film series like James Bond where he battles millionaires and people he thinks are taking over the world. Could just reuse and recycle Corrs album and song titles for the films. Jim Corr: In Blue where he battles arch nemesis Roman Abramvovich, Jim Corr: Forgiven not Forgotten where he grapples with chief mentaller Saadi Gadaafi, and Jim Corr: Borrowed Heaven/Only When You Sleep where he battles the evil Pope. He has so many ideal villains.

He could be Irelands Steven Seagal.

• Advertisement

He was right about the part about selling off state assets, coitle for example. the money is debt on google video was also very prolific and explains the origins of banking, currency and smashes the concept that currency is backed up by gold, rather that it is backed by perpetually increasing debt.

"never a lender of borrower be" - my granny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Good old Jim.He's Irelands answer to David Icke

Spacedog wrote: »
    ...smashes the concept that currency is backed up by gold...

:eek: No waaaaaaaaaaaay. Breaking news stuff right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Pretty much on the nose. The fact that this stuff is considered some mad conspiracy theory is a huge success for those in power.

prinz wrote: »
    :eek: ...king news stuff....

Why are you taking about Kings?
    Why didn't you finish your sentence in context?

Why are you taking about Kings?

Midas....gold.....geddit?
    Why didn't you finish your sentence in context?

What context should it be in? He explains stuff that has been widely known for donkeys years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Jim will wont fix it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

in fairness, ten years of the whole world wanting to ride my sisters would send me fairly loopy as well.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    in fairness, ten years of the whole world wanting to ride my sisters would send me fairly loopy as well.

He must be gutted she's going to eventually be carrying the child of a Stonecutter. And he'll be the uncle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Have all the children in the country had their microchips installed yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

"never a lender of borrower be" - my granny

Ah not wishing to be too pedantic here but that makes no sense.
    The quotation is
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.William Shakespeare "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 3

Although I'm sure your grannys sentiments were the same!

Wait, Are you trying to say my granny and me, are the true decedents of Shakespeare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

"There's a load of rich bankers that want to take over the world and eat your babies"

Oh, fcuk off Jim ye moron.

If you actually bothered to watch the clip, you might realise that your comments are actually quite moronic. Because unfortunately for you, there was no mention of anyone eating babies at all. He did make some interesting points though...

Erosion of national sovereignty.
    Top down crisis.
    Our government is not acting in the best interest of the Irish people.
    The level of apathy and abdication amongst the Irish people is shocking.
    Some are more concerned about what is happening on Coronation street, rather than their own country.
    Politicians in Ireland have contributed greatly to the problem.

I know nothing of his previous commentary or what crazy views he may have expressed in the past. But I see nothing wrong with the points I highlighted above, indeed they are all quite valid. I much prefer an individual who at least has the ability for some self-thinking analysis, regardless of how outlandish their opinion may seem. Rather than the usual mindless, pathetic, herd following muppets who lack the ability to formulate any individual thought process whatsoever. Other than the usual, bitchy, dumb fúck sniping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

It could be that Jim Corr is part of the conspiracy, like Ike, they mix truthful conspiracies in with outrageous ones like lizard people or contrails effectively turning what is true into something people easily laugh off as bull****. Alex Jones too, his commentary on the rising police state in America is valid, but then he goes on to talk about fluoride mind control and estregen in bottled water packaging designed to turn the population gay.

It works! think about the 9/11 "truthers" it would have been a valid line of questioning to ask "considering Osama bin ladens well documented ties to the CIA, could there have been a conspiracy to allow the attacks to happen thus giving the united states the excuse to start a global unending war akin to the war on drugs" - but instead of asking that question a whole slew of theorys popped up from everywhere, bombs in the buildings, no planes theory, remote control planes with dissapeared civvies" - effectively plopping a poo into the punch bowl.

Psyops 101...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

People can set up their own local currencies if they like afaia. Some people are living without using money or using it as little as possible.

If central banking and fiat money really really pisses people off then barter, don't get into debt, hoard gold, silver, copper whatever.

Claire Byrne is looking well today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

Wait, Are you trying to say my granny and me, are the true decedents of Shakespeare?
    :p

People can set up their own local currencies if they like afaia.

tell that to the people who invented bitcoin! google also considered creating an online currency, but gave up because of the legal headaches.

I wonder what his views are on lizard people.

Edz87 wrote: »
    I wonder what his views are on lizard people.

• Advertisement

If you actually bothered to watch the clip, you might realise that your comments are actually quite moronic. Because unfortunately for you, there was no mention of anyone eating babies at all. He did make some interesting points though...

Erosion of national sovereignty.
    Top down crisis.
    Our government is not acting in the best interest of the Irish people.
    The level of apathy and abdication amongst the Irish people is shocking.
    Some are more concerned about what is happening on Coronation street, rather than their own country.
    Politicians in Ireland have contributed greatly to the problem.

I know nothing of his previous commentary or what crazy views he may have expressed in the past. But I see nothing wrong with the points I highlighted above, indeed they are all quite valid. I much prefer an individual who at least has the ability for some self-thinking analysis, regardless of how outlandish their opinion may seem. Rather than the usual mindless, pathetic, herd following muppets who lack the ability to formulate any individual thought process whatsoever. Other than the usual, bitchy, dumb fúck sniping.

The eating babies comment was tongue in cheek. (In fairness, was there really a need for me to have to clarify that???)

Sitting around watching YouTube videos of nutters trying to twist facts to justify their delusions of persecution is not my idea of education or being open minded.

I watched Jim Corr conspiracy theory videos before and the individual thought process that I formulated is that he's not credible and he's not worth listening to because he's twisting facts and taking things out of context in order to justify the bullsh1tty 'the NWO is out to get us' agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I have one. I heard every single last person on the planet is going to die despite jim corr's crackpot theories being true or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Jim has believed every conspiracy theory there is ,
    Honestly he believes new airport scanners are ways for the illuminati to see your childrens underwear, check out his website.
    He makes good money with these theories . He probably doesnt believe them at all just happy picking up the check for advertising so he can spend it on pot.The **** he said then isnt any more or less what we all knew was going to happen , it still doesnt prove there is an illuminati .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

This isnt workin Jim. You need to grow your hair like John Lennon and lie in bed all day...that'll show'em lad and get their attention. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,408 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

This thread highlights the ignorance really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I think its about time I came clean. Me and Jim Corr drink together, When he passes out I wisper mad **** in his ear and then fill in his diary entries for him. It started out as a bit of a joke but kinda like a spiderweb or a snowball the lie just grew and grew.
    Im sorry Jim , Jim morrison just came up with the Lizard king quote when he was high , he wasnt really the leader of the alien sect planning on enslaving the world. Like honestly think of it , they have the technology for travelling huge distances of space , Im sure they could zap us all from the moon . Why would they need to do it in secret.

Jim is still slightly ahead in the poll, I set it to 5 days.

*strokes invisible beard

hmmmmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Yes damn those rich German's lending us money to keep our joke of a country running.

FYI

This is the video Jim refers to...

'Money is Debt' on google video

• Advertisement
Advertisement